Does D5000 mate well with Voyager? - Anyone got these two?
Jul 17, 2008 at 9:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Narisha

New Head-Fier
Now I own Voyager which I think it is very well going with my Triple Fi 10. And somehow, I need another Full-size headphone for my games/movies (also for musics indeed) and I think D5000 should be my choice with its powerful bass (which triple fi doesn't have) and tremendous comfortable for long using.

But I don't have a chance to test this combo. It would be kind of you to answer and suggest me.

Many thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 17, 2008 at 10:33 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Narisha /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now I own Voyager which I think it is very well going with my Triple Fi 10. And somehow, I need another Full-size headphone for my games/movies (also for musics indeed) and I think D5000 should be my choice with its powerful bass (which triple fi doesn't have) and tremendous comfortable for long using.

But I don't have a chance to test this combo. It would be kind of you to answer and suggest me.

Many thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

I have tried my D5000 with the voyager and it does sound very nice, however for me i need the volume set at 3/4 to get it to a nice listening level. I wouldn't recommend running the voyager long term at that volume.

The D5000 are IMO better suited to a home amp.

Jul 18, 2008 at 5:28 AM Post #3 of 5
Thank you for your comment, but I thought D5000 was easy to drive with their 30ohms. May be because yours is MD5000 instead of original D5000?

Sorry if I guessed wrong seeing your signature.

Jul 18, 2008 at 9:13 AM Post #4 of 5
Voyager is based on two AD823's which have very poor current efficiency. This is bad for big, low impedance headphones, and you'll never hear the full potential of these headphones on such amp. Look for something buffered, like Lisa III.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back