Does AR TDS202 Sound Enhancer really work ??
Aug 6, 2006 at 6:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

TheMafioso

Head-Fier
Hi Guys,

I recently came accross Acoustic Research TDS202 TDS Sound Enhancement Sound System.

This product is quite cheap and it seems to work wonders, if we go by user reviews it recieved on amazon.
Can anyone tell me if this product really works as its advertised features...
Quote:

Reveals greater aural detail, creates wider soundfield
Amplifies low-level ambient information

I plan to use it with my cans on my computer which has audigy series sound card..

Has anyone here got any experience with it, please give me your feedback...

Best Regards,

Aug 6, 2006 at 6:19 PM Post #2 of 8
pm philodox, he has one if only for the amusement value. Which from the sounds of things is about all it does.

Aug 9, 2006 at 12:45 PM Post #4 of 8
Actually, to be truthfull I have never tried it. Perhaps I will build it into my 'super integrated' that I'm building for my computer.
tongue.gif

I won't have any time tonight, but if I think of it tomorrow night or on the weekend I can try hooking it up to see what it does.

Aug 9, 2006 at 2:38 PM Post #5 of 8
No! That unit is crap!

I went to Mariowar's place a few weekends ago and he actually has two of the older, much better models. Acoustic Research simply copied the design and made it craptastic. If you do a search, Hirsch actually reviewed one of these units and liked it. Mariowar and myself have the same feelings. For a passive device it's quite heavy, and has a very interesting effect on the sound as well
cool.gif

I've had one in my setup for the past 2 weeks, and I've grown to like it. Too bad I've gotta give it back
frown.gif

Aug 9, 2006 at 2:51 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
No! That unit is crap!

I went to Mariowar's place a few weekends ago and he actually has two of the older, much better models. Acoustic Research simply copied the design and made it craptastic. If you do a search, Hirsch actually reviewed one of these units and liked it. Mariowar and myself have the same feelings. For a passive device it's quite heavy, and has a very interesting effect on the sound as well
cool.gif

I've had one in my setup for the past 2 weeks, and I've grown to like it. Too bad I've gotta give it back
frown.gif

Anything that can be done to correct the problems with it? I will probably throw it in my integrated I am building as a curiosity since it can be bypassed. Perhaps some parts changes would help? Anyone know what these things actually DO? I just bought mine off of a fellow forum member for $20 as a curiosity.
tongue.gif

Aug 10, 2006 at 1:00 AM Post #7 of 8
I had one a couple years back, yes it was crap.

Taddeo Digital Antidote passive is much better, and you can DIY better "pigtails" on it. It IS $120, though.

And the DA II active version is even better than that, but it's pricey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back