Does anyone still use a Toshiba Gigabeat F?
Jan 29, 2011 at 7:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

blackbird

100+ Head-Fier
I using one now with Rockbox. Now I can't use anything w/o rockbox. Used it for 2 years now, and although it is beat-up cosmetically, it works great! It was the first player that I bought when I came here to Headfi. I have the F40 with a 40gb hard drive, and I've used only about 15gb.

I think I'll use it for at least another year. It sounds pretty good, plays all my FLAC files, and has a great battery life. I'm using it unamped with a SR80i and M50. The next logical upgrade would be the 6th gen ipod classic.

Anyone else have a Gigabeat F??

Jan 30, 2011 at 6:05 AM Post #2 of 4
I've just bought the F60 on ebay second hand yesterday. With limited space on my desk at work I'm going to use it as a stationary source - maybe with the line-out on the dock and a headphone amp (iBasso D2). (Previously was using a netbook w/Musiland monitor 01 us (DAC) + iBasso D2 (amp)).

60gb should give me about half of my flac collection - probably the half I listen to. :) Will check back in once I receive it!

Jan 30, 2011 at 7:38 PM Post #3 of 4
Yeah I'm still using my one, bought about 5 years ago. I've had a bunch of players since then, so this has been pretty much untouched between 2007-2009. Rockboxed it, of course, the stock firmware was horrible. still, the response time for the HDD to react to commands on the interface is a bit annoying, but I saw this lag (not as much though) on the Ipod Classic (bought the latest one, then returned it). Also the Gigabeat F series had excellent sound quality, with or without Rockbox. That's the main reason i returned the ipod...very disappointed with theSQ. 

Jan 31, 2011 at 3:12 AM Post #4 of 4
Recently bought a F20 on Ebay. I like older players and the Gigabeat was one that I had not tried out. I have rockboxed it, of course, and I really like it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back