Does anyone recommend getting, or at least know anything about
Jul 3, 2008 at 1:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Ryan41488

Head-Fier
MEElectronics Sound-isolating Earbud Headphones? or Fuji Labs Acoustic Sealing earbuds?..I'm finally narrowed my search down to two earbuds, and I was wondering if anybody could provide me some insight on them.

Jul 3, 2008 at 2:09 AM Post #2 of 4
And how exactly did you arrive at either of these two? I mean, not to sound negative, but I've *never* seen either mentioned anywhere by anyone other than you here and over at iLounge. They may be reasonable earphones for their cost, but I doubt it. In general, cheap and good gets to be known because it's cheap and it's good. Cheap and bad just remains unknown to be picked up at Wal-Mart and flea-markets by people who don't know enough to research products first (which you at least are doing).

For good or ill, it's very hard to find decent sound quality in IEMS and canal phones without spending more than $20-$25 (and the Marshmallows tend to be the stock response for that sort of price range around here).

Here's my blunt answer: for what they cost, they shouldn't be much of a risk. If their cost really is an issue, re-think what you're doing and live with the iBuds or whatever you've got a little longer and save up for more of a sure thing. We all have our "nervous" point for what something costs, if these really are a significant purchase, you will do yourself and your ears a favor by waiting a little longer to go for something with a more solid reputation.

Realistically, you're going to need to spend in the $75 and up range if you want good sound, but you can do a lot worse than some of the solid performers below that price. For around $75 you can get solid products like the Audio Technica ATH-CK7, Etymotic ER6i, or Ultimate Ears super.fi 3. Move down to around $40-$50 and you can have something like the Sennhesier CK300, respectable if more than a little bass bloated. Move down to around $30 and you can have the Creative EP630, which is decent enough for the cost, or something like the V-Moda Bass Freqs, sort of a hybrid canal earbud design that seems to be making somebody happy.

Jul 3, 2008 at 5:27 AM Post #3 of 4
Fuji Labs--I came across on Overstock.com. MEElectronics, was the same site...And it turns out there was a review of them on iLounge. Everyone on there though has been telling me to get the Sennheiser 300's, and I've come to find though that they're a bit basey from some other reviews. My original choice, however, was Scosche, which...I've heard they stand behind their products quite well. But..I have not seen one single review of them, except for a video review by someone from Iyskinn.com or whatever it is. Recently though...I've been thinking of buying a another pair of buds from this company: Sound Squared, I actually had their sport model, and sent it back, because it sounded tinny, and etc (This was of course before I knew how to put ear canal phones in the correct way with reaching your arm over the top of your head and pulling up on your ear/vise verca for the other).

Jul 3, 2008 at 2:25 PM Post #4 of 4
I think you'd be doing yourself a great injustice by going with anything you mentioned. Scosche is known mainly for car audio products and while I haven't heard their head/earphones I can't imagine them being of decent quality.

If you are serious about getting a decent pair of earphones worthy of your money, do some more research on this site first. iLounge is known for giving high praise to products that people on this forum would stay away from. I'm not saying that they aren't good reviews, just that we Head Fiers don't alway agree.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back