Does anyone make a head-fi quality traditional earbud headset w/mic?
Nov 18, 2011 at 8:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

skree

Head-Fier
as titled, really. I use a mp3 playing mobile phone when out and about (a lot) and i'm sick of having to disconnect my earphones and hold the phone to take a call - I won't wear two pairs of earphones. I don't want to carry two devices, and i can't use noise cancelling canalphones as a pedestrian. Anything i do have must be a traditional earphone

I just got Sennheiser MX880s and like them (although they could do with more bass) and i was thinking to try and modify them, but they're not very conducive to that, having a volume control.

Does anyone make a traditional design earphone set that has a mic so it can be used as a headset on the phone, has good sound (something like the mx880s but with more bass rumble) and is sensibly priced? i'm poor, i don't have the money for a really expensive pair of earphones - around the same price as the sennheisers cost (28UKP) would be nice

this is driving me mad. Nothing is ever perfect damn it all i hate this world etc etc etc lol

a contender is the AKG K318 with mic but I can't find any reviews on K318...

edit: desperation!!! how much would it affect earphones to change the plug? I can get 4 way 3.5mm jack plugs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back