Does anyone like Tina Turner? Which headphone is best suitable for her?
May 7, 2020 at 1:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

SamHeng

New Head-Fier
I'm so crazy about Tina Turner, Janis Joplin and Patti Smith.

Now I use my RS1e to enjoy their voices! Does anyone try any other headphone that suitable for their sound?

May 7, 2020 at 2:36 AM Post #2 of 6
Luv Ms. Turner! Beyond Thunderdome is one of my favorite movies.

Some of her recordings, esp. some of the older more rock & rollie ones can be on the thinner and brighter side. So maybe a headphone with good bass and a little warmth to it would be good, and decent extension in both bass and treble to hear a bit more detail up top. I don't think you'd want a headphone that's top-heavy though in any way. Just well-extended. Just my 2c fwiw.

Last edited:
May 7, 2020 at 2:42 AM Post #3 of 6
Some of her newer and recent live recordings are better mixed and recorded though, and should sound just fine on HPs with a pretty neutral sound.

Last edited:
May 7, 2020 at 2:49 AM Post #4 of 6
Luv Ms. Turner! Beyond Thunderdome is one of my favorite movies.

Some of her recordings, esp. some of the older more rock & rollie ones can be on the thinner and brighter side. So maybe a headphone with good bass and a little warmth to it would be good, and decent extension in both bass and treble to hear a bit more detail up top. I don't think you'd want a headphone that's top-heavy though in any way. Just well-extended. Just my 2c fwiw.

Thanks for your experience!

As you said, sometimes I like rs1e because it just sounds like she is singing on my ears. But sometimes I felt that if the field gets wider it'll be better.

May 7, 2020 at 3:17 AM Post #5 of 6
Thanks for your experience!

As you said, sometimes I like rs1e because it just sounds like she is singing on my ears. But sometimes I felt that if the field gets wider it'll be better.

No problem. Maybe someone else here can give you a few more specific suggestions, since I don't really have any off the top of my head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back