Does anyone know when the next Portland / Oregon meet will be?
Mar 17, 2015 at 5:38 AM Post #16 of 58
Echo echo echo echo....
The Seattle head-fi meets is trying to get something 'in the middle.'  Although I don't think enough members showed interest to get it pinned. Keep a look out next week for a date announcement, wether or not it's the meet in the middle date or the next Seattle date, not sure: http://www.head-fi.org/t/742674/ic-meet-in-the-middle/45

I thought I'd post this link here because the Seattle folks are interested in having a meet between Portland and Seattle.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/742674/ic-meet-in-the-middle

Mar 27, 2015 at 5:51 PM Post #18 of 58
I live near Bend Oregon and am interested in any upcoming meets near Portland or Seattle. Ideally when the Mariners are in town.

Twins are in town for a series against the Ms Fri, Sat, and Sunday on 4/25! http://www.head-fi.org/t/759244/seattle-spring-meet-at-bottleheadquarters-4-25-2015

Mar 27, 2015 at 7:32 PM Post #20 of 58
How far is that from Seattle? I'd probably bring my 17 year old son with me and got to a ball game.

Without traffic and a 30m ferry ride plus loading/unloading times, I'd say 50m total. Bottlehead is maybe 5-10m from the ferry dock on Bainbridge Island.

https://goo.gl/maps/byBvJ

Get in Friday, catch the game. Meet Saturday and watch the end of the series on Sunday. Sounds like a great weekend. You could get the meet and game on the same day, although a meet and game wouldn't work unless the game is in the evening (7PM). Meets usually end around 4:30-5PM with starting times around noon.

Apr 8, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #21 of 58
I'm a long time audio enthusiast but new to the whole head-fi world.

I have had a couple of nice but old AKG cans for over 15 years now, 240DF and 270S.

I have started collecting recently, 6 cans in as many months, with my latest and greatest buy still being shipped, a pair of X1's.

I'm very interested in getting together with anyone local, while an actual event would be great, I would take 2-3 people meeting in a pub, coffee house, shop, or someones house.

Would just love to have the opportunity to do some listening and talk shop.

Just as an aside, I'm also big into IOS music and started the local IOS music meetup. Though not active at the moment, the plan is to get that back on track ASAP.

Thanks!

Richard Amerman

Jun 9, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #22 of 58
Subscribing

Jun 10, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #24 of 58
We need a meet as it would be great to meet like-minded fanatics but need someone to step up and be the leader.

I'd help out as much as possible but don't feel I have the time to dedicate to making it happen. 

We could start small for the first one (no vendors) and build on that. 

Any volunteers to be the main man? 

Jun 16, 2015 at 12:26 AM Post #27 of 58
So how do we get started? I'm currently between jobs, so I've got more spare time than usual. However if I dedicate too much to helping organize a meet and not enough job hunting, well let's just say I don't think my wife would appreciate that :wink_face:

I would be willing to help organize this if someone would like to step up with me. Any volunteers?

Jun 16, 2015 at 1:35 AM Post #28 of 58
I'm not volunteering given my location but I believe the first step is getting a good date (typically day Saturday or Sunday with a 1pm kickoff). This goes side by side of securing a venue, typically a library in a good neighborhood and also conveniently close to the freeway. There's usually a pre meet for brunch and post meet for drinks/food.

At least that's how things run up here. Maybe you can ask BIG POPPA for some pointers, he coordinates Seattle meets.

So how do we get started? I'm currently between jobs, so I've got more spare time than usual. However if I dedicate too much to helping organize a meet and not enough job hunting, well let's just say I don't think my wife would appreciate that :wink_face:

I would be willing to help organize this if someone would like to step up with me. Any volunteers?

Jul 1, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #30 of 58
Anybody talk to Echo again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back