Does anyone know the line output impedance of Aune X1s/ES9018 DACs?
Jan 7, 2016 at 1:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

skree

Head-Fier
I've spent the last few weeks trying to cut through the mountains and mountains of "information" regarding analogue RCA interconnect cables. To the point i've been accused of overthinking cables. What i want is to get that sweet spot between cost and performance. As far as i can tell, impedance and inductance are not really relevant as long as the cable isn't a mile long (it will be about a foot) or terribly designed/made. I want to get as good as i can without spending a fortune. DIY is an option but if the cost and performance of bought cables are the same...

The most cynical, skeptical article i've read on the matter (this appeals to me as it matches my own personality) suggests that cable capacitance below 1nF is desirable... ok.. for my lengths, that's not an issue.. but...

The article does give numbers for the attenuation of a 1nF cable on a device with 1k ohm output impedance, which leads me to believe that the Ghent A-01s would be fine for that, but i can't find numbers for the output impedance of the Aune X1s i'll be using as my source

And after blowing Audeze LCD-2 money on a pair of Audeze LCD-2s 
biggrin.gif
 I can't afford to make a mistake

examples:

Make my own (meh)
2x Ghent E-02 (67pF/m)
1x Ghent A-01(195pF/m)

I could make the decision if i knew the output impedance of the X1s lol even a "most devices of this type are" would help a lot

biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back