does anyone know the best place to buy anime???
Jun 4, 2007 at 1:03 AM Post #2 of 10
Jun 4, 2007 at 1:12 AM Post #4 of 10
That site seems to carry some fake bootleg stuff as well, so be aware of that. I'm personally a fan of Rightstuf.com and animecornerstore.com. They both have good prices and great service, if you subscribe to Rightstuf's newsletter, they will often alert you of big sales they have. Every X-mas they have anime boxsets sold for often ridiculous prices.

Jun 4, 2007 at 1:15 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I sure am seeing a lot of obviously bootleg products on that site...

I noticed that myself, hence my saying that I have never purchased anything from there.

I just remembered another site that I have bought something from, though it has been a while.

http://www.rightstuf.com/

As far as I know they only deal the real deal.

Edit: Idsynchrono beat me to rightstuf. I type too slow.

Jun 4, 2007 at 1:19 AM Post #6 of 10
I believe that Rightstuf publishes anime as well. I think they took care of Captain Harlock and His and Her Circumstances so they of course deal in legit series, as far as I know, they are likely the largest online distributor of anime. I would like someone to check out animecornerstore, they are a privately run business by real fans.

Jun 4, 2007 at 1:29 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe that Rightstuf publishes anime as well. I think they took care of Captain Harlock and His and Her Circumstances so they of course deal in legit series, as far as I know, they are likely the largest online distributor of anime. I would like someone to check out animecornerstore, they are a privately run business by real fans.

You forgot Boogiepop Phantom. That was the first time I had heard of them, and that was one really screwed up series (I liked it). My car also sported one of their "Got Anime?" bumper stickers until the sucker faded out. Good times.

Jun 4, 2007 at 1:43 AM Post #8 of 10
I've been interested in that series for the longest time. I think I'm going to have to pick up that box man. Have you ever seen Higurashi no naku koro ni? I'm not sure if it's licensed yet, it's one totally screwed up series, hyper creepy!

Jun 4, 2007 at 2:36 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been interested in that series for the longest time. I think I'm going to have to pick up that box man. Have you ever seen Higurashi no naku koro ni? I'm not sure if it's licensed yet, it's one totally screwed up series, hyper creepy!

Higurashi is indeed licensed, and the first dvd just became available this week. Already got mine.

Back on-topic, my main three (Right Stuff, Anime Corner Store, and Amazon) have already been mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back