Does anyone know of any decent earbuds?
Dec 20, 2002 at 6:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Kubernetes

100+ Head-Fier
And no, no Sennheiser MX-500 "super sterile music" buds or Sony 888lp "I don't know when to stop burning-in" buds. Are there any decent earbuds out there? Sometimes I want to get on the train and not jam Etymotics into my ear canals. And I am not buying anything that clips onto my ears or envelopes my ears. I just want good, decent sounding earbuds. Are there any?

Dec 20, 2002 at 6:59 PM Post #2 of 12
the AKG IP-1...?

I haven't tried it before but it's earbud style, made by AKG, for onstage monitoring... and they're ~$100 in Korea. Fellow Koreans tell me they're quite decent.
biggrin.gif

I don't know how you can get hold of one here in the US, but...

Has anybody in Head-Fi tried them before?

Dec 20, 2002 at 7:10 PM Post #4 of 12
IP 1 In-ear Phones

Type dynamic
Frequency range 20 Hz to 20.000 Hz
Sensitivity > 100 dB / mW
Power handling capability 50 mW
Rated impedance 50 Ohm
Weight (inc. cable) 20 g (0,7 oz.)
Cable 1,5 m (5 ft), Y-connected
Connector stereo mini jack plug

And attached is a picture of the phones.
wink.gif

Dec 20, 2002 at 8:46 PM Post #6 of 12
Kubernetes wrote:
Quote:

Sometimes I want to get on the train and not jam Etymotics into my ear canals.

My initial reaction: that's exactly what Etys are for!

But, as a fellow Ety owner, I can understand the desire for acceptable alternatives. Unfortunately, there don't seem to be any... at least, not earbud style.

Bruce

Dec 20, 2002 at 8:51 PM Post #7 of 12
Yea. My Ety. ER6's. Used ca. 4 times, but I just called HeadRoom, and I'm beyond the 30 day return period.

Just kike new -- orig. packaging, shpg. box, all stuff.

Make me an offer. I just ordered another pair of traditional 'phones, so I have no use of these very cool buds.

Scott ; machnart@aol.com, or call: 651.271.5505

Minneapolis, MN area

Dec 20, 2002 at 8:57 PM Post #8 of 12
Scott

You might want to post your Ety's in the For Sale Forum rather than in the Headphone Forum.

Dec 20, 2002 at 9:12 PM Post #9 of 12
Nope, I said no Etys. I already have a pair of ER4p, why would I want a pair of ER6? The point is that I want a decent earbud, something that doesn't isolate so much and doesn't sit in my ear canal. I used to love my 888lp until they got all bloated--I want the same form factor with decent sound. Why can no one make a decent earbud????

Dec 21, 2002 at 1:03 AM Post #12 of 12
You can try some philips HS 30x earbuds, I have some ear-hugger variety that are pretty decent. I've used them for jogging and they worked well for that application and for the Gameboy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back