Does anyone know/listen to Cloud - Adventure? Recommend me similar albums!!
Apr 29, 2009 at 5:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

hifidk

1000+ Head-Fier
cloud+adventure.jpg

I have been listening this album over and over lately but I don't know much about the artist.
Does anyone here listen to this album?
If so, is there any other artists/album that sounds like this?
Seems like it has been a while since this album came out and I cannot find any other albums from this artist.
I recently started to listen to electronic music so I don't know much about it.

Here are some of the other artists that I have been listening to:
Daft Punk, Zero 7, Air, Chemical Brothers, Cut Copy, DJ Shadow,
Prodigy, RJD2 and various Japanese/Korean electronic musicians.

Apr 29, 2009 at 5:18 AM Post #2 of 13
yes i currently have that exact albulm and rarely listen to it
tongue.gif
. cant help you who the artist is no clue

Apr 29, 2009 at 5:22 AM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by planx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes i currently have that exact albulm and rarely listen to it
tongue.gif
. cant help you who the artist is no clue

I could find on the web that the artist's name is Alex Berg but that is about it. Would you consider this kind of music as Chill-out? or any other genre?

Apr 29, 2009 at 5:30 AM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by hifidk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I could find on the web that the artist's name is Alex Berg but that is about it. Would you consider this kind of music as Chill-out? or any other genre?

when i did listen to it, the songs are very relaxing and peaceful. i used it for driving music in a rush hour and calmed me pretty good. i dont listen to much electronic style music but have to say this is the best out of the ones i listened to

Apr 29, 2009 at 5:33 AM Post #5 of 13
Glad to hear that. Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 29, 2009 at 5:41 AM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by hifidk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Glad to hear that. Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

np. and btw if you are interested in electronica try some benny benassi. i just like it for its large amount of bass
icon10.gif

Apr 29, 2009 at 4:16 PM Post #7 of 13
Benassi is extremely boring and generic IMO.

Haven't listened to this album yet, but if you are looking for more relaxing electronica,

Enigma. Very popular, pretty old stuff, and yet they are still among my favorites.

Chicane is very good for relaxation, chill out.

Atmos - Headcleaner album has some of the most groovy beats I've heard.

Sasha's Airdrawndagger is incredibly relaxing and smooth. The album has been described as, it's like listening to music while floating on air.

E.S Posthumus - Orchestral electronica. While some stuff gets heavy and complicated, they have a lot of songs on Unearthed that is relaxing.

Those are just a few artists/albums of electronic music I listen to for relaxation.

Apr 29, 2009 at 8:54 PM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbd2884 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Benassi is extremely boring and generic IMO.

Haven't listened to this album yet, but if you are looking for more relaxing electronica,

Enigma. Very popular, pretty old stuff, and yet they are still among my favorites.

Chicane is very good for relaxation, chill out.

Atmos - Headcleaner album has some of the most groovy beats I've heard.

Sasha's Airdrawndagger is incredibly relaxing and smooth. The album has been described as, it's like listening to music while floating on air.

E.S Posthumus - Orchestral electronica. While some stuff gets heavy and complicated, they have a lot of songs on Unearthed that is relaxing.

Those are just a few artists/albums of electronic music I listen to for relaxation.

Wow thanks for the recommendation! I will definitely check them all out!

Apr 29, 2009 at 9:39 PM Post #9 of 13
If you like things smooth and sweet, you may like:

The Egg - Samples here

Amon Tobin - You may find yourself hopelessly addicted to the entire Ninja Tune roster. Thank me later.

If you like Daft Punk, you really owe it to yourself to listen to Cassius.
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

And I can't get out of here without plugging a few home-grown talents:

Solvent

Champion

MSTRKRFT

Apr 29, 2009 at 9:56 PM Post #10 of 13
That Egg stuff sounds nice, thanks GDV.

I always liked The Beloved, but the name of the particular album escapes me...loved, nay, adored 'Sweet Harmony' - played it for months on repeat.

Apr 30, 2009 at 10:11 AM Post #11 of 13
Clarity reduced because they are youtube, if you buy album, much clearer.

Good example of Sasha floating on air

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

This is off of Atmos Headcleaner, minimalistic psychedelic trance, but fantastic bass/beats

Apr 30, 2009 at 3:00 PM Post #12 of 13
Thank you all for the recommendation. I am trying all of these new stuff out... and I like most of them!! Keep them coming!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back