does anyone know if there are any high end cables for gaming?
Jul 31, 2003 at 8:24 PM Post #2 of 6
I think Monster does an A/V pack, at least for the XBox so it wouldnt' surprise me if they did it for the Gamecube. The problem you get is that you have the proprietary A/V connector on the GameCube so it's really only worth it getting a commercial product as (unless you're insane and have too much time on your hands... which you probably qualify for) you'd have to break open a connector and add your own cables. For the most part, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Most sound in video games is mp3's or other compressed audio and in some GameCube games still use midi.

Jul 31, 2003 at 10:39 PM Post #3 of 6
Most people upgrade the xbox or gamecube cables for picture quality, i use s video instead of rca and its alot better. Do you use headphones with your game cube or something? I am sure the sound does not have the same dynamics as music which is why those cables wont be needed.

Aug 1, 2003 at 7:42 AM Post #5 of 6
I have the monster game theater XP for my ps2, and for my xbox I bought the composite video rca breakout box and use optical into my reciever. Both made a huge difference.

Aug 1, 2003 at 12:49 PM Post #6 of 6
Just to let you guys know:

This is the cable I'm using for my playstation 2

It's from Oehlbach, a very respected cable company from germany. And this cable is far better than any other cable I have tried so far. Cost is about 45 $. But I don't know, if it's available in the u.s.

Lukas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back