Does anyone know anything about this ebay import cd player?
Jul 13, 2005 at 5:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

RnB180

Member of the Trade: RnB Audio
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=7509613816

it seems to support balanced output and the description, with poorly written English states that it upsamples?

I dont know if that feature can be turned off though.

Anyone know anything about this cd player? Is it worth the money?
the site doesnt state the brand name, but it looks like something that was probably rebadged as with alot of Chinese components.

the style reminds me of Arcam type players.

LCD_Player1_5.jpg

LCD_Player1_6.jpg

Quote:

24Bit/196kHz CD Player, New and Never Used

The item up for auction is a 24bit/196k CD Player Never used and New.
This CD-Player is 24 bit with 192 sampling rate, internal two stage up sampling circuit. First stage is up-sampling from 16 bit 44.1kHz CD signal to 24 bit 96kHz and then second stage is up-sample to 192kHz. Those signal then send to the D/A converter with low-jitter clock .The analogy section using discrete components, Non-Feedback all FET balancing output circuit. The CD player have analogy balance output, RCA, optical, coxial and AES/EBU output.

Jul 13, 2005 at 6:23 AM Post #2 of 4
wow, i wish they detailed the actual components or at least a brand name, a lot of that chinese stuff is killer though, cheap labor plus cheap bootlegged hot parts = a great bargain! However, that dealer's got a ton of negative and neutral feedback, so im not too sure about that...

the measurements are insane, extremely low distortion, great sn ration and channel separation, it looks good on paper but you know what they say, "if its too good to be true, its probably not"

Jul 13, 2005 at 6:37 AM Post #3 of 4
Yea I bought a headphone tube amp, and it wasnt that great. I guess you get what you pay for, I think mine was like $290 shipped.

But the this cd player looks great,

Its the same price as the onix 88 with the op amp mods.

anyone care to take a hit for head fi to find out if this player is legit?
or if anyone can find the rebadged version of this player?

His communication is poor, He'll respond to you emails before you pay and after payment he ignores your emails.

He shipped my tube amp with the tubes installed for goodness sakes.

but the cd player looks nice
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 13, 2005 at 10:36 PM Post #4 of 4
Might want to go the extra bucks for the Eastsound CD E5 for $710 total, pay via paypal to orders@cattylink.com for USA shipment

Users who are viewing this thread

Back