Does anyone know anything about the beats audio on HP laptops?
Jan 9, 2013 at 7:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

JeffJeffery

New Head-Fier
I have this thing on my laptop that is the beats audio control panel thing.  I'm not really sure all I know is when I open it I can change some of the equalizers and stuff on it and is is pretty simple, but I'm wondering if it is any good.  I noticed a huge difference when I checked the box for Beats Audio.  It added a ton, and I mean a ton of bass.  I like it, I'm using ATH-M50s and when I click the box it makes them sound like beats.  I like the way it sounds but is there something better that I should be using.  I know you guys rip on beats and wondered if this thing on my computer is the same, being that you guys don't like the quality or results.  I would like to get your opinion. And by the way I just got the M50s and thought they were a cheaper, and according to you guys a better quality than the beats.

Jan 9, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #2 of 5
Beats are probably marketed for rap and rap style music so it makes sense that it would add a lot of bass. The issue with the increased bass here is that it pretty much muddles the entire track, it is not clean bass. Also the headphone out from most laptops/computers aren't clean either, I usually get a lot of circuitry noise so a cheap usb DAC might be a good investment, however if you like everything the way it is, no reason to change it.

Jan 10, 2013 at 9:26 AM Post #4 of 5
I think it depends on the laptop but I think some have a "special" chip for the Beats which is probably just a little nicer opamp I think or it can be just an EQ. 

Also if you like the way it sounds who cares. That's all that matters.....keep listening to it. 

Jan 10, 2013 at 9:32 AM Post #5 of 5
All new HP laptops with beats sound decent for on board speakers, Really loud in my opinion but for headphones I don't see any real improvement other than EQ.

Just relax and listen the m-50 a little longer, nobody build a real impression in short time. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back