Does anyone here use headphones primarily for movies?
Nov 19, 2009 at 4:27 PM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by abar20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have neighbors but the walls are THICK and I really only need to grab the remote during explosions and stuff. But...

WHy are speakers better for movies? The other day I watched a scene from Stranger than FIction blu ray using my brothers monster beats by dr dre and I felt like I was hearing the movie for the first time. I "felt" what the character was saying, as if he was present in the room. Unfortunately the headphones practically gave me a headache after about 3 mins ( maybe the audio was too colored plus there was an electrical humming in the background, and they werent heavy and uncomfortable)

I would say particularly with 1) lower levels of bass, and 2) better sound stage. With headphones, you can hear the explosions, but with 5.1 setup you can hear and "feel" the explosions. Sound stage is easier to achieve with a proper placement of speakers-- creaking sounds from horror movies at your back will make you cringe
wink_face.gif

EDIT: oh, and with your budget ($3000), you can get a decent set of 5.1 system. Buy separates, not an HTIB for the best bang of your buck
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 19, 2009 at 4:55 PM Post #17 of 18
a home theatre is better if you have the proper setup.

Considering my headphone/amp combo costs more than my roommates setup, I'd say my headphones are the better option.

no doubt.

Nov 19, 2009 at 7:44 PM Post #18 of 18
I always use headphones for movies, mainly because I cannot use speakers, but also because the surround effect in movies isn't important for me anymore, it's all about the acting, the plot...etc. Plus headphones gives me a better detail.

If I could if would try with speakers again though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back