Does anyone here own both the WF-1000XM4 and Soundcore Q30 or Q35?
Feb 25, 2022 at 2:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

raymanh

100+ Head-Fier
Wondering which on has the best overall isolation (result of both passive isolation and ANC)

I was watching a few comparisons between the WH and WF XM4 in terms of ANC and the headphones seem much better than the earphones in that regard. So I was wondering how a budget, yet decent, pair of headphones, the Q30/35, stacks up against the best of TWS for noise reduction.

Thanks.

Jun 17, 2022 at 7:14 AM Post #3 of 5

This video from 8:30 contains demonstration of ANC vs street traffic; Q30, XM3 and Bose 700.

XM4 vs Q30 ANC vs traffic throughout the video, ANC vs wind near the end of the video

From 16:30 ANC od various models against traffic; including Q30.

Jun 17, 2022 at 7:38 AM Post #4 of 5
Wondering which on has the best overall isolation (result of both passive isolation and ANC)

I was watching a few comparisons between the WH and WF XM4 in terms of ANC and the headphones seem much better than the earphones in that regard. So I was wondering how a budget, yet decent, pair of headphones, the Q30/35, stacks up against the best of TWS for noise reduction.

Thanks.
I realised I misread your question, and you meant WF XM4 vs Anker, not WH XM4. I apologise for that, stupid Sony's naming scheme confused me. Anyway, here is comparison done by Rtings.com between the headphones you wanted in terms of noise isolation. Red line is Anker with ANC ON, purple line is Sony with ANC on.

Keep in mind this graph will not show how a device's ANC reacts to quickly changing sounds and how well it performs against sounds that are particvularly confusing for ANC system, e.g. wind noises.
ankervssony.png

Jun 18, 2022 at 12:57 PM Post #5 of 5
I realised I misread your question, and you meant WF XM4 vs Anker, not WH XM4. I apologise for that, stupid Sony's naming scheme confused me. Anyway, here is comparison done by Rtings.com between the headphones you wanted in terms of noise isolation. Red line is Anker with ANC ON, purple line is Sony with ANC on.

Keep in mind this graph will not show how a device's ANC reacts to quickly changing sounds and how well it performs against sounds that are particvularly confusing for ANC system, e.g. wind noises.
ankervssony.png

Thanks, had no idea rting had that comparison tool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back