Does anyone here listen to The Darkenss?
Apr 23, 2008 at 6:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

funniecow

100+ Head-Fier
Apr 23, 2008 at 3:17 PM Post #2 of 17
Wait til you see the Towers of London...
rolleyes.gif

and to answer the question: no. I'd rather pull my own teeth....
biggrin.gif

Apr 23, 2008 at 4:15 PM Post #3 of 17
I saw the Darkness in Atlanta in 04 or 05. Definitely one of the top 25 best shows of my life.

I know they were kind of a 15 minutes-of-fame gimmick band, but they were all insanely talented musicians who put on one hell of a show.

Apr 23, 2008 at 5:04 PM Post #4 of 17
they were a real flavour of the week band here a few years back...
Can't say i was ever a big fan

Apr 23, 2008 at 6:09 PM Post #5 of 17
sort of a revival of glam rock.
smily_headphones1.gif
. I didn't know they were still around...kind of like hanson...

Apr 24, 2008 at 2:20 AM Post #7 of 17
My buddy loves the Darkness, I thought that they were amusing. I don't really know if I was laughing at them or with them though. Too bad they got ruined by drugs though. Cocaine is a helluva drug!

Apr 30, 2008 at 9:39 AM Post #9 of 17
Not my band, but like the bombastic way combined with the tongue-in-cheek. reminds me of Queen.

Apr 30, 2008 at 11:06 AM Post #10 of 17
Well, it's below The Crucified in my playlist and I am starting to hate it more and more because of the extreme difference between the genres when The Crucified stops and The Darkness starts. Such an anti-climax. Depressing.
frown.gif

Apr 30, 2008 at 5:32 PM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by indysmith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they were a real flavour of the week band here a few years back...
Can't say i was ever a big fan

Yeah, they were really hyped up at the time, then there was a big backlash.
Whatever you think about joke bands, it cannot be denied that they had some great songs, great riffs.
"Get Your Hands off my Woman" all that stuff.

Apr 30, 2008 at 9:50 PM Post #12 of 17
I saw them (not live, through my television) on Jools Holland, back before they really hit the public consciousness. They absolutely stormed the gig, played the place off it's foundations, jumping around on the piano, falling all over the floor during his solo. Absolutely brilliant, and a great light-hearted change to some of the po-faced takes-itself-too-seriously stuff that was around. Then, predicably, it became a little tired, then downright annoying.

A band "of the moment" if ever there was one.

Jun 18, 2008 at 2:14 AM Post #13 of 17
I'm bringing a dead thread back to life.
biggrin.gif

Ya, The Darkness is great, I heard "I believe in a thing called love" from my friend and I loved it.

Jun 18, 2008 at 3:41 AM Post #14 of 17
I was one of those who HATED the Darkness when I heard I believe in a thing called love. I had a chance to snag the album and really enjoyed it, kind of a shame to hear they broke up.

Jun 18, 2008 at 1:02 PM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewtheking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I saw them (not live, through my television) on Jools Holland, back before they really hit the public consciousness. They absolutely stormed the gig, played the place off it's foundations, jumping around on the piano, falling all over the floor during his solo. Absolutely brilliant, and a great light-hearted change to some of the po-faced takes-itself-too-seriously stuff that was around. Then, predicably, it became a little tired, then downright annoying.

A band "of the moment" if ever there was one.

I remember that Jools appearance -yes, they were really good in the show. It should have stopped there - would have been a small legend to UK muso's. Unfortunately....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back