Does anyone have any emu 0404 mods?
May 10, 2005 at 8:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

bludragon

New Head-Fier
OK, so I have a WNA mkII with the 330K resistor mod, and now I'm thinking;
has anyone had any success modding their emu 0404?
I found this:
http://brian.osupages.com/audio/pict.../0404mods2.jpg

I can see bridging the output caps might be useful - should be quite safe, as I have input caps in the headphone amp.

Dunno about taking out those buffers though - why are they there if they're not needed?

May 10, 2005 at 8:44 PM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by bludragon
OK, so I have a WNA mkII with the 330K resistor mod, and now I'm thinking;
has anyone had any success modding their emu 0404?
I found this:
http://brian.osupages.com/audio/pict.../0404mods2.jpg

I can see bridging the output caps might be useful - should be quite safe, as I have input caps in the headphone amp.

Dunno about taking out those buffers though - why are they there if they're not needed?

Check out this link

Nov 6, 2005 at 1:48 AM Post #6 of 7
Just finished modding an EMU 0404 sound card. Removed coupling caps , buffer opamps on DAC output. Replaced output opamp wih AD8620. Noticed about 10 mv offset on left channel , before replacing opamp. Thought it would go away with a better device. Found out the culprit was one of the muting transistors . Removed Q1 & Q3 by the 9 pin connector. Offset down to less than 2 mv. Waveform symmetry improved considerably. Added circuit for DC coupling the analog input. Very happy with results. Would there be any benefit to upgrading the opamps to the ADC?

Am enjoying the EMU card very much.

Nov 7, 2005 at 11:55 AM Post #7 of 7
This weekend I bypassed the breakout box and replaced it with Audioquest cables that were soldered directly to DB-9 connector. I was not expecting too much of a difference but when I connected it, I was impressed by the improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back