Does anyone have a link to Ashlee Simpon's half time performance?
Jan 7, 2005 at 1:17 PM Post #16 of 27
Of course, you guys realize that if she didn't have that slip on SNL she wouldn't be booed on that video. She's not so bad, specially compared to most of todays singers. Maybe she should market herself as a punk singer instead of pop, she's no worse than that girl from the Yea Yeas.

Jan 7, 2005 at 5:51 PM Post #17 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Onix
Of course, you guys realize that if she didn't have that slip on SNL she wouldn't be booed on that video. She's not so bad, specially compared to most of todays singers. Maybe she should market herself as a punk singer instead of pop, she's no worse than that girl from the Yea Yeas.

True, but when you are singing soulless pop, the only thing you really have going for you is polish.

Jan 7, 2005 at 6:00 PM Post #18 of 27
Quote:

wow
I think being boo'd by 75,000 fans at the Orange bowl must have taking a huge chunk of her self conciousness

Good, I was wondering for awhile if I was the only person who thought she was being boo'ed. It was hilarious. I'm not sure if anyone's gonna forgive her for that one. I won't.

Jan 7, 2005 at 6:05 PM Post #19 of 27
Nothing horrible, but it proves that she has no talent for singing, and is simply mediocre at best. She shouldn't be singing at all, much less in venues like the Orange Bowl. If it weren't for her famous sister she would be nowhere.

Jan 7, 2005 at 7:38 PM Post #20 of 27
Hmm, the link is dead it seems, pm me please with info to transfer the file, I can host.

edit: never mind found a high quality clip at ashlee-simpson.net

Jan 7, 2005 at 8:02 PM Post #21 of 27
After watching the clip I don't think it was THAT bad, I mean she did just yell/scream for 30 seconds to go along with her rant of a song. But um...I have heard far worse and from "accepted" pop icons live. Madonna comes to mind. She can't sing AT ALL. Live performances...AWFUL. Though on her heavily produced albums, the mix/mastering is flawless.

Jan 7, 2005 at 8:33 PM Post #22 of 27
I found her attempts at "dancing" just as disturbing as her lack of singing ability.

Jan 7, 2005 at 8:42 PM Post #23 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by elnero
I found her attempts at "dancing" just as disturbing as her lack of singing ability.

So true dude...so true. Though at least there was no "jig"
eek.gif

Jan 7, 2005 at 11:07 PM Post #27 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by RYCeT
How much did she pay you?
biggrin.gif

well i was saying "ooooashlee!"
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back