Does anyone have a current list of authorized Stax dealers in the United States?
Jun 7, 2010 at 7:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

500+ Head-Fier
I'm in Japan for a couple more days and I know that the warranty on products here is good only in Japan.  I know Woo Audio is an authorized dealer of the Stax SR-007MK headphone, but maybe not the amp, but I would like to get as complete a list of authorized US dealers as soon as possible so that I can price shop before leaving here.  The temptation is sooooo great to buy the headphones while here, but unless the deal is so great here (the best I found so far was 169000 yen, which is roughly 1900 dollars) it likely doesn't make any sense to purchase here in Japan. 

Thanks.

Jun 7, 2010 at 4:48 PM Post #3 of 12
There's always Elusive Disc if you want to spend an arm and a leg.
confused_face.gif
Your best bet IMO is to just buy in Japan.

Jun 7, 2010 at 6:44 PM Post #5 of 12
Thanks.  I wonder though whether that list on Stax's website is complete, since Woo Audio says they are an authorized dealer as well.   They list the SR-007MKii at 2100 dollars.  

I've read nightmare stories about Yama's customer service and that they won't even consider repairing Stax cans if anything goes wrong.   

Hmmmm.....

Jun 8, 2010 at 10:32 AM Post #9 of 12
Yama will repair any Stax product sold via an authorized Stax dealer in North America. It is quite clear if you take the time to read their web site there : http://www.yamasinc.com/authorized.htm.

Why Purchase from an Authorized STAX Dealer?

STAX audio products are sold throughout the U.S. by STAX Authorized Dealers. Accutech provides 2 years manufacture's warranty only on STAX products sold by STAX Authorized Dealers and warranty applies only to the original purchaser. STAX warranty does not cover products with removed or defaced serial numbers. (Serial numbers are strictly enforced) To ensure that you are dealing with a STAX Authorized Dealer or to learn more about warranties, please contact us at stax [at] yamasinc.com or call 310-327-3913.

There are some dealers who sell STAX products but are not authorized to do so. These dealer may offer STAX products for sale via direct retail sales, mail order or the Internet. The products they sell may be acquired through illegal methods or through questionable business practices. These goods may be damaged, defective, used or refurbished, or they might not be designed for use in the U.S. (different voltage)

Many unauthorized dealers do not offer any customer support, service, or parts. Also, some of these dealers engage in fraudulent practices to avoid responsibility for after-sale problems. Given a poor supply chain, a non-authorized dealer is in a poor position to deal with service issues. Even though some dealers claim to warrant the product in lieu of the manufacturer's warranty, they do not have a direct source for getting genuine STAX replacement parts.
STAX products purchased from these channels (includes second-hands) are NOT serviced in the U.S.

So how do you know? Simply, by emailing us at stax [at] yamasinc.com or by calling 310-327-3913 or
Authorized STAX Dealers by State                        Select One                       Arizona                       California                       Florida                       Illinois                       Indiana                       Maryland                       Massachusetts                       Minnesota                       Montana                       New Jersey                       New York                       North Carolina                       Texas                       Virginia                       Washington                       Alberta                       British Columbia                       Ontario                       Quebec                     

It is also very clear that they won't service product bougth outside North-America. For a repair, you will have to send them back to the country where you bought them.

Jul 28, 2017 at 7:57 AM Post #11 of 12
yamasinc.com directs to staxusa.com which is not working!!!
Anybody knows who's the nearest authorized Stax dealer to Washington, DC? Or their Virginia dealership? Or Maryland?

Woo audio is selling Stax through a dedicated website as an authorized dealer, they ship from Long Island.

https://www.staxaudio.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back