Does anyone have a contact at the Colorado Symphony?
Apr 9, 2008 at 1:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ilikemonkeys

500+ Head-Fier
It's a long shot, but I'll try.

My best friend is a full time student and teaches violin to little kids for extra money. She bought all her students tickets to see the symphony on the 25th (?) and she really couldn't afford to do that. That fact really touched my heart.

My idea is that I could find her a contact at the Symphony that would allow her a little meet and greet with a "real" violinist after the show is over. Nothing special.

She's a wonderful person and a great teacher. If anyone could help, I'd be very appreciative.

If this is inappropriate for Head-Fi, or violates the terms and conditions, please remove this post.

Thank you for your consideration.

Bill

Apr 9, 2008 at 3:06 AM Post #2 of 5
Update!

On a whim, I emailed the Concert Master and SHE REPLIED!

They're getting to go backstage to meet her....or she said that she would go onstage after the performance to meet them!

Just another instance of a musician who loves their art and is willing to share with little kids.

I now a lot of professional musicians and I can't name one that would pass up the opportunity to donate a couple minutes with a group of kids. This is a great story.

Thanks for following.

Bill

Apr 9, 2008 at 3:44 AM Post #4 of 5
This is the best thread of the week. Good on you! Great story and follow up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikemonkeys /img/forum/go_quote.gif

On a whim, I emailed the...

I've started a lot of "projects" like that. It's very strange who you can get replies from. I've randomly emailed academic authors to radio personalties (not morning DJ's for god's sake) to CEO's and received replies from most.

I'd be proud of myself if I were you.

Apr 9, 2008 at 1:08 PM Post #5 of 5
Yeah, musicians can be cool. My first clarinet teacher's husband was first clarinet in the Charleston Symphony. She was a bit of a Mrs. Badcrumble, but he was enthusiastic and cool. This is through the eyes of a 10 year-old, so sorry, Mrs. Badcrumble. I wanted to play sexy tunes.
wink.gif

(10 points to who guesses my reference there, but he was telling the truth, and so am I!)

And in college I got to interview someone who I still have a bit of a crush on, so I dare not speak his name, but only to say that he was so nice that he didn't disappoint. And when I was learning opera, people were always very encouraging and not at all that stereotype that seems to make the papers. In fact I only knew of one who lived up to that stereotype, and she couldn't even breathe correctly, and found herself often fired.

I'm glad more young musicians are being welcomed into the fold.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back