Does anyone hang their headphones on hooks?
Oct 6, 2001 at 3:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

mcbiff

100+ Head-Fier
I'm thinking of getting some wall-mounted hooks to hang my headphones on so I can avoid having to put them in whichever place I find when taking them off. (Actually the Sonys go in their case, but it would be more convenient to hang them on a hook unless there is some adverse effect to doing so.) So, what's the verdict?

Oct 6, 2001 at 3:11 PM Post #2 of 11
I am very anal about headphone storage. My 600s go back into their box when not in use. The 325s go into a foam lined oak box that I made when not in use. The V6s usually stay in my travel bag.

It is inconvenient as hell...but I can live with it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 6, 2001 at 7:37 PM Post #4 of 11
I use some hooks I got at the local hardware store. The only adverse effect I can see is that sometimes, depending upon how long they've been hanging, a slight indentation in the headband is visible. But this disappears after I've worn them awhile. I find the hooks very convenient. I coil the cord up and hang that as well. The only problem I have now is that I've run out of hooks.......and I'm running out of wallspace as well. I really need to control this insanity.
biggrin.gif

Oct 6, 2001 at 9:08 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

joelongwood wrote
The only problem I have now is that I've run out of hooks.......and I'm running out of wallspace as well. I really need to control this insanity.

joe...go back to your local hardware store and buy a case of hooks. Then proceed to their lumber area and buy enough lumber and nails to build that addition to your house, because we all know that there is no controlling this insanity.

Just think, a headphone room.....a Headroom
biggrin.gif

Oct 7, 2001 at 12:38 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

...Holy Crap...

Would that be ...Holy Crap... good, or ...Holy Crap... bad?
wink.gif

Oct 7, 2001 at 12:42 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by joelongwood
The only adverse effect I can see is that sometimes, depending upon how long they've been hanging, a slight indentation in the headband is visible. But this disappears after I've worn them awhile.

Funny, in my case, it's the other way around...the indentation appears after I've been wearing them for a while...(scratches the pointy part on his head)...I wonder why that is?

Oct 7, 2001 at 12:46 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

The only adverse effect I can see is that sometimes, depending upon how long they've been hanging, a slight indentation in the headband is visible. But this disappears after I've worn them awhile.

That's why I built my "hooks" using pipe couplers. They're round so they don't leave any marks.

Check out the pix of my rack in this thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...highlight=3400

Those "headphone hangers" are made of 3" L brackets and 3/4" pipe couplers. The nice thing about them is that you can also attach them to a wall, which would seem to fit your purposes nicely.

Oct 7, 2001 at 1:12 AM Post #10 of 11
Put them back in the box? I just put my HD580 on top of my system, my HD495 on the ...............floor! (sometimes the printer or the bed) Try putting the HD580 back into it's box would destroy it in days, The HD495 only comes in a plastic thing anyway so I am not bother. However the HD600 stays in it's box, actually it's stays in there 24 hours a day. I haven't used it since th day I bought it!

Oct 7, 2001 at 1:16 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

JMT said...

Just think, a headphone room.....a Headroom
biggrin.gif

Yea, another checkbox for my dream house!
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back