Does anyone else think the EQ on the IPOD Sucks?
Jun 7, 2003 at 5:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

AngryFish

Head-Fier
Now dont get me wrong, I love my 3rd gen IPOD, but I am unable to listen to my mp3s on any EQ setting other than flat! it just seems that the EQ on the ipod is incredibly crappy.
I love my DT-770's but especially on some Jazz instrumentals they are extremely tiring and bright. Any reccomendations? Im using a Meta42 for amplification and the line out on my IPOD.

Jun 7, 2003 at 8:24 PM Post #2 of 7
I think the EQ settings on the iPod and in iTunes suck, but then again I think *all* equalization settings generally suck. If you have a good source and good phones (or speakers) -- matched to your type of music -- you shouldn't need to equalize.

--Chris

Jun 8, 2003 at 1:05 AM Post #3 of 7
I have a first generation 5 gig ipod and yes, the EQ settings are simply useless. Most songs sound either the same or distorted with any setting. I always turn EQ off. Don't know how well the third generation ipods handle EQs though. Hopefully better.

Although the topic is on iPod's EQ settings, I must say that not all EQs suck. Try some MD Players. Many, like the Sony MZ r500 and beyond, allow you to increase bass by "+1" or "+2," without distortion.

Jun 8, 2003 at 1:10 AM Post #4 of 7
Ya the eq is bad but then again so are basically all EQ's. who cares if the eq is bad the iPod sounds so damn good without it it doesnt even matter

Jun 8, 2003 at 3:44 PM Post #5 of 7
MajinWu
Quote:

Don't know how well the third generation ipods handle EQs though. Hopefully better.

Unfortunately, the 3rd gen IPOD's still suffer from a very low quality EQ.. The IPOD's excellent playback quality and intuitive interface make up for that though.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 8, 2003 at 11:32 PM Post #6 of 7
It is not a stellar EQ by any means. It does change the sound somewhat. But overall, yeah it sucks. I use the Jazz setting most of the time. If I do use my HD600s with the META I switch to the treble boost. It does work.
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back