Does anyone else hear detail in Trance music
Oct 4, 2009 at 8:54 PM Post #31 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Menisk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is actually detail that earbuds aren't fast enough to pick up, textures that sound flat because the buds don't have the speed to articulate them properly; they slur. It's nothing to do with frequency response.

Refer to my above post. In addition to the textures argument, which is true, high levels of detail and transparency are necessary to reproduce the soundstage of some electronic music.

Oct 4, 2009 at 10:37 PM Post #32 of 42
Ok well the example of "the holes on a saxaphone opening is fairly...idk i guess weak. Tiesto has several songs with piano or violin. So does Armin van Buuren, with piano and guitar. So yea within there bleeps and boops there is detail. And nobody say "o well that's not trance, it's detailed music within the trance..."
cause if it's in a trance song, and has been incorporatd to fit the sound and the music, it's trance at that time, and there is detail.

Oct 4, 2009 at 10:55 PM Post #33 of 42
weak?

a cheap pair of headphone will reproduce the actual track with the saxophone in it.

a good pair of headphones will reproduce the actual track with the saxophone in it as well as the detail of the valves opening and closing.

i dont give a flying leap what the genre of music is. you're describing and debating about two totally different things.

Oct 4, 2009 at 11:51 PM Post #34 of 42
Forgive the youtube link but.. what do you think about this track? (listen to it from start to end, focused on the details)

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Does it just sound like a bunch of noises to you with no details?

Oct 5, 2009 at 1:14 AM Post #35 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Isao_Tanaka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Forgive the youtube link but.. what do you think about this track? (listen to it from start to end, focused on the details)

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Does it just sound like a bunch of noises to you with no details?

Good song.

Sounds like a multitude of layered tracks that are all still heard whether through my MS2's, my ER4's, my HD201's, or my ibuds.

Again, multiple tracks are not detail.

I don't know why that's so hard to understand.

Oct 5, 2009 at 1:27 AM Post #36 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by chud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
weak?

a cheap pair of headphone will reproduce the actual track with the saxophone in it.

a good pair of headphones will reproduce the actual track with the saxophone in it as well as the detail of the valves opening and closing.

i dont give a flying leap what the genre of music is. you're describing and debating about two totally different things.

I was at a loss for words so I just used weak. Sorry if my vocab isn't incredible -_-
And the whole point of this page was about trance and if you hear detail in it... so not giving a "flying leap" about the genre makes the arguement between us (and maybe even my previous comment pretty pointless.)

Heck I was expecting short answers or even yes and no answers to this thread....and it's turned into a debate.

Oct 5, 2009 at 2:07 AM Post #37 of 42
Quote:

Good song.

Sounds like a multitude of layered tracks that are all still heard whether through my MS2's, my ER4's, my HD201's, or my ibuds.

I think you need to stop and listen. People are talking about textures and you keep going back to layers because it suits your argument. The textures have detail, we're not talking about the layers and we understand the difference. You mightn't be hearing the textures because of the poor encoding on youtube, but if you get lossless trance you'll hear the texture with your ER4s.

Oct 5, 2009 at 3:21 PM Post #38 of 42
Quote:

Good song.

"People walk funny" (of which this track is from) album is a great example of multi-layered synths and melodies in psytrance.
A headphone for this kind of music need to produce good soundstage to fill up all these DETAILS.

Oct 5, 2009 at 7:09 PM Post #39 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Isao_Tanaka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Forgive the youtube link but.. what do you think about this track?

I think it's cr... uhm, simple like a lego brick LOL. If one wants details and variety in electronica better look for something like Ochre.

Oct 6, 2009 at 1:48 AM Post #40 of 42
It's not a half bad track, not the greatest amount of detial. Sebhelyesfarku had a good point with Ochre, Armin and Tiesto are good examples too.

Oct 7, 2009 at 4:06 AM Post #42 of 42
clearly those who claim that trance lacks details to be uncovered is completely unfamiliar with synthesizers in general. there are enough nuances to their tone to rival the most majestic concert pianos

Users who are viewing this thread

Back