Does Anyone Else have huge microphonics with the PL50?
Aug 1, 2010 at 10:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

plumcakk

New Head-Fier
I don't know if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find an answer through a quick search.

I'm using the stock medium foamies, and they're really comfortable and don't seem like they're going to break ever. However, I'm getting a tonne of microphonics. Anyone have the same problem/know how to fix it?

Aug 1, 2010 at 10:18 PM Post #2 of 6
That's strange, the pl50 should be microphonic free. Try tightening the cord cinch so that it's a bit closer to your throat. Perhaps it's not high enough when you wear them.

Aug 2, 2010 at 1:15 AM Post #5 of 6
I am wearing them over the ear, and I still hear the cord rustle against everything. Tightening the cinch works to an extent, but I'd prefer not doing that.
confused_face.gif

Eghh, maybe I'm the only one...

Aug 2, 2010 at 1:23 AM Post #6 of 6
Tightening the cinch is pretty much required with all IEMs if you want to eliminate microphonics. To further reduce noise, try wearing them underneath your shirt. Try it from the front, or if you prefer you can run the cord up your back, cinch it behind your neck, and loop them over the ears like stage performers do. It's not as easy to setup, but does have the advantage of removing the cord from getting in your way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back