Does anyone else find Ety's VERY comfortable?
Dec 2, 2003 at 7:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

3Double

100+ Head-Fier
Sorry if this thread has been done, but I see mostly complaints about Ety's comfort. I guess I can understand differences in ear canal structure and other disparities from person to person, but I just want to put my 2 cents out to people considering them.

Don't be scared about the comfort issue. Try them for yourself.

I can't imagine anything more comfortable than Ety's: My ears don't get hot from having phones on all the time. I put them in and a good 3 hours later, I've forgotten I'm wearing them, save for the great music coming out of them.

The reason I'm making this thread is because I was considering some CD3k's and I realized that I probably won't be able to wear them for as long as I can my Ety's, because my ears will probably start to sweat. I might not even buy other phones. The Ety's are great. Again, sorry for the waste of bandwidth if this has been done to death.

etysmile.gif

Dec 2, 2003 at 7:14 AM Post #3 of 32
I find etys to be great all around phones, not just for portable use. For me they see their greatest usage as going to bed phones. I have ended up wearing them all night with no problems whatsoever comfortwise.

Dec 2, 2003 at 7:46 AM Post #4 of 32
I wish Ety's weren't so hard to seal an uncomfortable for me
frown.gif
They sound perfect but I really am not using them much because of it. Someone want to trade ears?

Dec 2, 2003 at 7:50 AM Post #5 of 32
Glad to hear others feel this way!

I was considering getting some other cans, just because, but you know, I really can't ask for anything more from my 4S's, especially considering I've been using them sans amp. I have a Super Micro on the way to hook up to my Sony R50, and I'm gonna get a decent soundcard and home amp later on down the line, but only to enhance the Ety experience.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 2, 2003 at 9:59 AM Post #10 of 32
Dec 2, 2003 at 10:08 AM Post #11 of 32
I have to admit that I found my Beloved Ety's uncomfotable. The silcones hurt after about an hour and the foamies started to itch. However I now have some cone-ish type ear plugs which I trimmed and a burnt a hole through them. As they have a smooth finish on them they don't itch and give a very good seal. At the moment I haven't compared them sound wise to the silcones, so I am not sure whether they sound better or not. The comfort is very good though.

Wordsworth

Dec 2, 2003 at 10:13 AM Post #12 of 32
I also cut down the plastic tube inside the foamies, This does effect the sound as it is more warmer and bass stronger (this is because the ety it now closer to the ear). Plan to test this shorter tube with the normal lenght one and see which I prefer.

Dec 2, 2003 at 1:23 PM Post #13 of 32
Well I got my Ety's a few days ago sent from Snufkin (www.headphones.com.au, fantastic service and people) and I threw them straight in my ears and the isolation was immediate. It was the only concern I had about them but luckily for me they were great. Admitingly my ears stick out a bit, so its about time they paid off lol.

Dec 2, 2003 at 1:56 PM Post #15 of 32
Can't comment on ety's, but I find my e1's very comfortable...can almost forget they're there after they've been in for 20mins or so

Users who are viewing this thread

Back