Does anyone else constantly have music running through their minds?
Jul 2, 2008 at 12:40 AM Post #16 of 24
Yes, I play music to myself all day long, though not nearly as bad as you describe. I also work the most boring job ever...so maybe I'm just trying to entertain myself. But in your case I bet it has alot to do with the fact you are studying music in school (at least I think you are right???)

Jul 2, 2008 at 1:42 AM Post #18 of 24
I might be listening to music too much so I probably don't have time left to think about songs. I use IEMs for 8 hours at night to sleep(at a very low volume), then 8 hours+ during work.During the day(outside cranking a boom box+DAP), then at least a couple hours with headphones or speakers at night before bed.

I love music which is normal.

Jul 3, 2008 at 12:08 AM Post #20 of 24
If I don't have music playing from some external source, my brain supplies some, but usually in broken fragments of the same refrain over and over. It sucks when I get a song I hate stuck in my head. I listen to good music to keep the bad music away.
eek.gif

My dreams often have soundtracks that I sometimes stop and play along with if I notice them. I'm a wicked guitarist in my dreams. It does make me tired in the morning if I spent a long night jamming.

I think in song lyrics in conversations so I often throw out lyrics to finish a line someone started inadvertently. Sometimes they get it, sometimes they don't.

As far as obsessions go, I like mine for the most part.

Jul 3, 2008 at 4:06 AM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by ingwe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wish I did. It would drown-out the voices.

Just never answer them. Once you do they bring their friends...

Jul 3, 2008 at 1:02 PM Post #22 of 24
I have this affliction. Main reason I don't watch TV or listen to the radio. I want the artists playing music in my head to be of my choice.

I thought this happened to everyone, maybe not consciously.

Jul 3, 2008 at 7:13 PM Post #23 of 24
Usually for me its only really annoying songs or rap. For some reason if I listen to any rap song once or twice I know every word in and out... it's kind of a burden especially when you know the word to every terrible billboard top 50 song.

Jul 4, 2008 at 4:21 AM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardwired /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think in song lyrics in conversations so I often throw out lyrics to finish a line someone started inadvertently. Sometimes they get it, sometimes they don't.

I can't wait to let my girlfriend know I'm not the only one with this infliction! She thinks there's something wrong with me.
biggrin.gif
I think I could go all day speaking nothing but song lyrics and no one would be the wiser. I guess my mind is one giant lyrical encyclopedia. I often wonder how much of my mental capacity is wasted on this. What if I had used this part of my brain for something useful instead?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back