Does anyone do DAP repairs?
Mar 18, 2008 at 8:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Packgrog

500+ Head-Fier
Recently my Cowon A2 started acting up. The left channel in the headphone jack keeps cutting out, and I have to fiddle with it to make it reconnect. This may have occurred when it got pulled off of my desk by the headphone cable last week when I turned my chair. I didn't notice the problem until this weekend when I used it again.

I love this player. The sound quality is superb, and it's generally a pretty solid unit. I hate to stop using as a DAP. However, I lack the skills to fix or replace the headphone jack.

Is there anyone here who would be willing and able to try to fix this for me? I will be glad to discuss compensation for the work. Alternatively, if you know of somewhere else I should look for this kind of service, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Mar 19, 2008 at 11:21 AM Post #2 of 3
Sounds like a pretty simple dry solder joint or possibly a broken headphone socket or pcb.

If you can't find anyone, take it to your local mobile phone repairer, they should be able to fix it.

Mar 19, 2008 at 3:17 PM Post #3 of 3
The repair itself doesn't sound like a big deal. The problem with most modern devices is getting inside the case to troubleshoot and repair the problem.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back