Does anyone actually watch movies on their MP3 players?
Feb 13, 2008 at 12:21 AM Post #16 of 58
I have 2 movies, dumb and dumber, and monty python.

I also have a bunch of youtube videos like southpark episodes, soon to be music videos, and other random funny videos.

I've almost watched all of dumb and dumber once, but the revolution on monty python is all screwed up and small so I might delete that.
Plus around 1200+ songs I still have over a gig and a half to spare, and if I delete monty python, that's over 2 gigs to spare.

So in essence, I really only watch videos to show off my mp3 player to friends(so fun lol), or when I'm really bored.

Feb 13, 2008 at 1:03 AM Post #17 of 58
I spend upwards of 4 or more hours sometimes on public transportation and frequently use the D2 to catch up on flics I wouldnt watch otherwise. I also regularly watch video podcasts, google and youtube flics. I just rewatched the matrix triology for example.

Feb 13, 2008 at 1:20 AM Post #18 of 58
Never. The screens are just way too small. The Cowon A2 I have, occasionally, but is used more for photos.

Stop it or you will go blind.
rolleyes.gif

cheers
Simon

Feb 13, 2008 at 2:21 AM Post #19 of 58
well Yes, I watch bits of movies on my PDA, which is doubling as my DAP now I got a 16GB Card for it

The VGA screen helps immeasurably over the QVGA on my other DAP

Feb 13, 2008 at 2:55 AM Post #21 of 58
I used to all the time when I had to travel for work. It was especially great to watch all the TV shows I missed. The real pain was finding the right software to make it all work. I was shocked at how hard it was. But when you're on a plane or stuck away from home it's great to have some kind of TV or movie entertainment in your pocket.

Feb 13, 2008 at 4:15 AM Post #22 of 58
I really thought I would, but I didn't use my ZVM for movies at all. If I'm on a plane I always have my laptop, and I just don't seem to have had any other times when I've had time to kill and have something I want to watch loaded. It's a big reason I am moving from a HDD player to a flash player. The battery life, smaller size, and durability far outweigh the novelty of having room to store a bunch of videos that I never bother to watch anyway.

However for some strange reason I still lust after a PSP for that very same purpose.
rolleyes.gif

Feb 13, 2008 at 5:42 AM Post #25 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertInTheShape /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh, maybe one of those huge archos players would be cool though.

i have the archos 404....its better than my 5.5 ipod screenwise=)

Feb 13, 2008 at 6:23 AM Post #27 of 58
My eyes are bad enough (life-long eyeglasses wearer) that I can't take watching video of any length on a small screen. That said, I did try one anime on my Classic when I first got it, but the novelty wore off fast.
rolleyes.gif

Rick

Feb 13, 2008 at 4:16 PM Post #29 of 58
Obviously a small DAP doesn't make for the best video experience, but anyone who says that they will never watch a movie on a 3" screen hasn't been stuck in an airplane seat for 5-10 hours...
wink.gif

Feb 13, 2008 at 4:23 PM Post #30 of 58
I watch movies on my iPod Touch. Comedies are especially nice. I find it great to have that freedom in my hands.
Besides, a divx looks better reformatted to 480x320 and through the Touch, than a normal size divx full screened at 1440x900 with all those artifacts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back