Does anyone actually watch movies on their MP3 players?
Feb 12, 2008 at 10:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 58

GregBe

100+ Head-Fier
How many of you actually find it enjoyable to watch a DVD on even some of the bigger screens like the Zune 80 or IPod Touch? At first glance, getting a larger screen was a big draw for me, but I am wondering if once in use, and the novelty wears off, if anyone regularly uses their DAP to watch movies.

Thanks
Greg

Feb 12, 2008 at 10:17 PM Post #2 of 58
For me, I rarely watch movie on DAP. I will throw out if I watch movie during transportation time. At home, I got a big LCD screen.

Feb 12, 2008 at 10:21 PM Post #3 of 58
I rarely ever use it, except when I'm bored of the music I have, or there isn't anything better to do. Commuting on public transit doesn't give me nearly enough time to get through a tv show, much less a movie comfortably and isn't that the point of a PMP? I could just wait an hour, listen to an album I haven't heard in awhile and go home to a big computer screen for movies.

Video is officially ruled out as a must have feature for my future DAPs, I simply don't use it enough to justify the higher price tag that usually comes with it. Granted, many DAPs now commonly include video playback, so I may not have a choice when it comes time to upgrade.

Feb 12, 2008 at 10:33 PM Post #4 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by GregBe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How many of you actually find it enjoyable to watch a DVD on even some of the bigger screens like the Zune 80 or IPod Touch? At first glance, getting a larger screen was a big draw for me, but I am wondering if once in use, and the novelty wears off, if anyone regularly uses their DAP to watch movies.

Thanks
Greg

I do quite a bit of international travel for work, and I regularly watch movies on my Creative ZVM while stuck in a plane. I've had this DAP pretty much since it came out on the market, and the novelty has not subsided. (Then again, neither has the amount of my travel.) I will also use the ZVM to occasionally watch something while lying in bed before sleep, both at home and in the hotels in which I'm staying. It's nice to be able to watch exactly what I want, where I want.

Feb 12, 2008 at 10:42 PM Post #5 of 58
I almost never watch movies on my DAP. The first time I watch a movie will always be on a large lcd screen or the theatre, and since I don't usually rewatch movies, they never get put on the DAP. It's just not enjoyable to watch movies on a small screen while sitting beside a stinky hobo on the subway.

Feb 12, 2008 at 11:26 PM Post #8 of 58
Never a movie. I invested $99 in a DVD player with a 7-inch screen, and usually take that along when traveling, or watch on my laptop. I will move a Sopranos episode over to the Zune and/or CVM (when I used the latter), but it's too much trouble to hold it up while viewing, etc. And at 56, the eyes aren't there. No, I use the cheap Insignia DVD player or my notebook.

Plus, making a film "DAP worthy" with the Zune seems to take forever, even with a good app doing it. And they use up a lot of battery to boot.

Feb 12, 2008 at 11:27 PM Post #9 of 58
Movies? No. TV shows, mainly Adult Swim, yes. 15 minute cartoons are the perfect length. I don't think I'd be able to handle watching something more than an hour long on such a small screen.

Still, it's not particularly important to me and video playback simply isn't a consideration for me in portable media players at all. I would have paid the same price for my D2 without any of the video features.

Feb 12, 2008 at 11:31 PM Post #10 of 58
yes. all yhe time on my classic

Feb 12, 2008 at 11:34 PM Post #11 of 58
No for me. I used to have movies and stuff on my ipod, but they got erased or something, and I didn't care
tongue.gif

Feb 12, 2008 at 11:57 PM Post #14 of 58
Movies on my small screen aren't really worth watching at all. The only reason I have them on my x5 is just so i can fast forward to scenes that I like. Other than that I only have music videos on there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back