Does anybody know an online shop selling CK10 for 200 $?
Jul 19, 2010 at 9:11 PM Post #3 of 10
Ha, good luck!  I was trying to find a pair for cheap as well, but the lowest I found is this:

http://www.compu-america.com/audio-technica-ath-ck10-stereo-earphone-ath-ck10a.html

Read the reviews before you order though, as there are some complaints.  I called and spoke to a women, she didn't seem knowledgeable at all (oh well, what do you expect..), but told me they're not an authorized dealer, although when I asked where they got the product from, she said straight from the factory...is that normal with unauthorized dealers?     

Oh, shipping is an extra 30 I think, so you're looking at around $270 if I remember right...

I also called Adorama (the link yianni gave), and although cheaper, they said they have no idea when/if another shipment will come in.

I then went on ebay and offered $240 from a dealer in Japan, he told me no, but for $260 they will sell me a used pair...

So then I just decided on the DBA-02s after much going back and forth.  You could follow all my drama in that tread.   

Jul 19, 2010 at 10:13 PM Post #4 of 10
You won't find them for $200 if it's urgent. Unless they are in the FS forums you will be hard pressed to find them for $200 since stock seems to be an issue with these.

Jul 20, 2010 at 8:45 AM Post #5 of 10

Quote:
cheapest i found was $230 ive been looking for them too

Thanks so much! I sent an e-mail to them asking about shipping etc... However their e-mail address seems rather suspicious: dummyemail@magentocommerce.com

dummyemail? odd. 

Anyway... Did you buy your CK10 from this site? Do you happen to know the discount coupon code? How long did the delivery take?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Well, the e-mail address seems to be a fake one:

Code:
 Technical details of permanent failure: Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other e mail provider for further information about the cause of th is error. The error that the other server returned was: 5 50 550 Unknown user (state 14).  

So this site may not be reliable, don't you think?

Ah, it wasn't you who recommended this site, I apologize!

It was David58117!

Jul 20, 2010 at 2:00 PM Post #6 of 10
I didn't recommend any of those sites, in fact that's one of the reasons I decided against the CK10s. 

Adorama can be found on amazon too, I think I've ordered from them in the past so they're not as shady as the other company in my mind.  But they might not get the iems in stock for some time (if at all), so it's pointless. 

Unless you wanna pay close to $300 for them, or find something used in the for sale forum, - forget about the CK10s!

As I said before, I decided on the DBA-02s which are about $166 total and seem to compare favorably against the CK10s. 

Jul 20, 2010 at 5:47 PM Post #7 of 10

Quote:
I didn't recommend any of those sites, in fact that's one of the reasons I decided against the CK10s. 

Adorama can be found on amazon too, I think I've ordered from them in the past so they're not as shady as the other company in my mind.  But they might not get the iems in stock for some time (if at all), so it's pointless. 

Unless you wanna pay close to $300 for them, or find something used in the for sale forum, - forget about the CK10s!

As I said before, I decided on the DBA-02s which are about $166 total and seem to compare favorably against the CK10s. 

Yes, I didn't mean you recommended that site, I meant you brought it up, with a warning of course...

And realizing I won't be able to buy the CK10 under 290 dollars (including the shipping), I started to think "why not go for the SM3 that is 350 dollars..."

Jul 20, 2010 at 7:06 PM Post #8 of 10
What type of music do you listen to? 

I've never heard the SM3s, but I was sort of looking at them too...I just couldn't afford to raise my price that high.  Besides, I figure I have my K701s for serious listening.  Let us know how they are if you get them!!   

Jul 20, 2010 at 8:14 PM Post #9 of 10

Quote:
What type of music do you listen to? 

I've never heard the SM3s, but I was sort of looking at them too...I just couldn't afford to raise my price that high.  Besides, I figure I have my K701s for serious listening.  Let us know how they are if you get them!!   

I listen to progressive rock mainly. I want a top-class IEM that can do everything well. In the chart below you'll see only one IEM that suits this description.

Take a look at this:

http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh378/rock_scissors_paper/TopTier.png

It is from a thread Average Joe created; many of the forum members voted for what should be considered in what category etc... So the info in that chart is more or less a sum of collected opinions...

I don't mean to say the chart is 100 % reliable. I just think it's a good guide that doesn't only depend on one person's opinion.

Also check this:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/485632/earsonics-sm3-appreciation-discussion-review-thread-technically-best-universal-see-first-post-for-reviews-and-info

Users who are viewing this thread

Back