Does anybody have an opinion about this
Dec 3, 2001 at 4:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

HappyJack

New Head-Fier
I live in Canada and I saw this CD player for sale. It pretty cheap, so I figure I can't lose much, needless to say I'll buy new headphones. It's a sony DE211, this thing is 90 dollars Canadian, so It's gotta be pretty cheap. But has anybody here used this before? obviously I'm not expecting hi-fi quality, but is the CD player any good. Here's a link to the advertisement:

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pro...D162B0322ACE76

Dec 3, 2001 at 9:01 PM Post #2 of 5
I've seen it on sale here in Europe. It is indeed a sleek looking player and the battery life is good. However, I doubt that the sound quality will be anything to write home about. Also, it doesn't have a line out should you decide to get an amp later.
I'd go with the little more expensive D-EJ621 fopr the line out alone.

Dec 3, 2001 at 10:00 PM Post #3 of 5
HappyJack, that PCDP that you refer to is the D-E221, not the D-E211. The D-E221 (which is not sold as such in the U.S., so I assume that it's sold in that form in Canada) is the D-E220 with the inclusion of a "wall-wart" AC adaptor. (Here in the U.S., we have only the D-E220, not the 221 - the 220 doesn't come with an AC adaptor; we have to pay extra for one.)

Dec 4, 2001 at 3:07 AM Post #5 of 5
Well, the D-E22# is CD-R compatible, but doesn't claim CD-RW compatibility, and it doesn't read MP3 CDs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back