Does anybody have a Wells Audio Amp or VPI Turntable?
Mar 26, 2015 at 4:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

billt

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I am a new member. This is my first post.

I recent bought a new system too. I got a HIFI Man HE560, Wells Audio Headtrip amp and a VPI Classic 2 turntable with a Dynavector cartridge.

I don't see any info here on VPI and Wells Audio.  Don't headphone users like vinyl? I am amazed how musical and effortless the Wells gears sounds and was expecting to see lots of posts.

Bill

Mar 26, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #2 of 13
Hi,

I am a new member. This is my first post.

I recent bought a new system too. I got a HIFI Man HE560, Wells Audio Headtrip amp and a VPI Classic 2 turntable with a Dynavector cartridge.

I don't see any info here on VPI and Wells Audio.  Don't headphone users like vinyl? I am amazed how musical and effortless the Wells gears sounds and was expecting to see lots of posts.

Bill

I've had quite a few VPI tables, other than a stint with a Kuzma Ref, but there aren't too many of us here. Most forum members use computers to play MP3.

Edit: Welcome to the forum!

Mar 29, 2015 at 3:33 AM Post #4 of 13
There are certainly those of us here who (still or newly) listen to vinyl.  It's part of my listening station and main music system.

Most turntable discussion can be found in the Dedicated Source Components sub-section of this forum.

Some of us also make an effort to include them from time to time in the Deals Discussion thread as well.

Apr 1, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #5 of 13
I found the Headtrip almost by accident. I had been looking for a complete headphone system for over a year. I could not find anything that really excited me. I searched for local high-end dealers on the web and called most of them. Audible Arts came up and I hesitated on calling them.

I finally reluctantly called thinking  they would have nothing.  I was wrong. The Headtrip was spectacular. It sounded so musical and not like electronics. I thought I had to have tubes, but I was wrong. I was also impressed with its appearance. It is a solid, clean amp. I also liked that Scott Franklin was involved because I was familiar with some of his work.

Apr 1, 2015 at 8:24 PM Post #6 of 13
I found the Headtrip almost by accident. I had been looking for a complete headphone system for over a year. I could not find anything that really excited me. I searched for local high-end dealers on the web and called most of them. Audible Arts came up and I hesitated on calling them.

I finally reluctantly called thinking  they would have nothing.  I was wrong. The Headtrip was spectacular. It sounded so musical and not like electronics. I thought I had to have tubes, but I was wrong. I was also impressed with its appearance. It is a solid, clean amp. I also liked that Scott Franklin was involved because I was familiar with some of his work.

Sounds and looks like a really nice amp. If you don't mind my asking, what is its MSRP?

Jun 4, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #8 of 13
Hi,
I have both.

If you are running a dynavector, make sure your tracking force is heavy enough. You actually need to run these heavier than typical, usually around 2.5.

Hope this helps!  Vinyl is awesome through the Wells.

Jun 5, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #11 of 13
Yep, 2.5 to 2.7.  I know that is not what their literature says, but it makes a difference.  Try it and see what you think.  But I have heard this from multiple sources and I run mine heavier.  It definitely
sounds better.

Rock on

Jun 5, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #12 of 13
Yep, 2.5 to 2.7.  I know that is not what their literature says, but it makes a difference.  Try it and see what you think.  But I have heard this from multiple sources and I run mine heavier.  It definitely
sounds better.

Rock on

I was a Dynavector dealer and have setup a multitude. Can't say it's a part of my experience. As long as you like the way it sounds...

:beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back