Does anybody else here not watch TV?
Sep 26, 2006 at 1:45 PM Post #46 of 65
I hardly ever actually watch TV (I turn on my TV maybe once a week) but I'm obsessed with downloading my favorite shows (Top Gear, Prison Break, The Amazing Race, Weeds)
wink.gif

Sep 26, 2006 at 2:11 PM Post #47 of 65
Top Gear and the formula one.

How I resent paying my TV licence!

Sep 26, 2006 at 4:41 PM Post #48 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by will75
That's what TIVO is for.
tongue.gif

There's also the "OFF" button...which is more interesting and less expensive, to boot
tongue.gif
wink.gif

TV is not only brain rot, it has to be the most annoying device ever created by man. I can't stand the thing around me anymore, especially when I am in someone's home doing a job (AV service or install, or computer consultation).

Yeah, odd that...I'd rather put them in than watch it myself
blink.gif

Sep 26, 2006 at 4:46 PM Post #49 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheisticFreedom
I mean, if I walk by and a TV is on with something interesting playing, I'll probably stop and watch it as if I'm studying it or analyzing it as it plays out.

But most of the time (besides hotels during family vacation), I don't watch TV at all. I honestly don't see a point in doing so. You sure aren't being productive just being slumped over on a couch staring at a television for half an hour. And to me now, there's no point in watching the news because they're so slow compared to if you went online to check it up. That, and the weather guys are always off with their "predictions."
rolleyes.gif

So...am I the only one here that feels this way?

Me

I don't watch TV..

I prefer not to but enjoy DVD's and Football...College more than NFL.

cool.gif

Sep 26, 2006 at 4:59 PM Post #51 of 65
I probably watch less than one hour of TV per month, if even that much. Everything on there is just crap, plain and simple.

Sep 26, 2006 at 6:13 PM Post #52 of 65
I definitely fall into the "most TV is garbage" group, but cannot discount some of the gold that came/comes out of it. Highlights include:

Mr. Show (RIP)
Futurama (RIP)
NHL Hockey
Speed TV (crap, but need my F1 and ALMS fix between horrible 40 hour stints of NASCAR)
FoodTV
IFC
Documentary Channel (CBC)

Most of the time, I'd rather throw on the phones and listen to my music and either surf or read a book. Admittedly, I'd likely have a lot more spending money if I could just become a true couch potato.

Sep 26, 2006 at 6:55 PM Post #53 of 65
managing company in day, law school at night. I really don't have anytime to:
1. watch TV
2. listen to music
3. play music
4. play game
5. go to movie
6. eat a proper meal
7. taking shower ...( yikes)
8. get haircut
9. take cloth to the dry cleaner
10. headfi. (obviously I am using company time here
wink.gif

I guess I have no life
frown.gif
but I can always look at my gears and think how good they could sound if I just play a little...must resist ...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 26, 2006 at 6:58 PM Post #54 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
I hardly ever just sit and watch TV for my self anymore.

Same herte garrett, not so much I don't "want" to watch something decent once in a while but with only 4 channels at my disposal I tend to give it a miss. I haven't yet pulled out the stops and given in to the "sky" way of living but, with the long winter nights ahead, I may be forced into paying for another few hundred channels of garbage to cheer me up. Either that or I'll get busy with me soldering iron.

Sep 26, 2006 at 6:59 PM Post #55 of 65
I don't watch tv. Not at all, ever. Haven't for years.

Sep 26, 2006 at 10:31 PM Post #58 of 65
Living in America I find that I'm really not interested in American television. I tried to watch the first few epsiodes of Prison Break and found it mildly interesting, so I quit. I've never had cable in my life and I don't ever want to get it. Just seems like a waste of money in my case if I don't like any of the shows.

So most of the time I... um, watch my computer. Asian/anime series are my cup of tea.
biggrin.gif

Sep 26, 2006 at 10:48 PM Post #59 of 65
Any time that I would have to watch a TV show, I just find myself preferring to use that time engaged in some other pursuit. For me, it's not a "I don't watch TV" thing, it's just a "I'd rather DO something else with the time" thing. Now that I think of it, the only TV shows that I've ever watched a significant number of episodes on DVD are: the first two seasons of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer", and the BBC productions of the C.S. Lewis "Narnia" Series. LOL

Sep 27, 2006 at 12:41 AM Post #60 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snake
There's also the "OFF" button...which is more interesting and less expensive, to boot
tongue.gif
wink.gif

TV is not only brain rot, it has to be the most annoying device ever created by man. I can't stand the thing around me anymore, especially when I am in someone's home doing a job (AV service or install, or computer consultation).

Yeah, odd that...I'd rather put them in than watch it myself
blink.gif

Off button for you, Tivo for me. For some reason my brain hasn't rotted yet. I love how there is an elitist attitude toward people that enjoy television. That is what annoys me. I won't list my Graduate degrees, occupation, or countless other ways I spend my time. I just want to say that I disagree that it's brain rot. There is a balance there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back