does an amp exist today better than the iQube?
Oct 31, 2008 at 2:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 76

bce22

100+ Head-Fier
I absolutely love my iqube. It drives my grados perfectly i am adding some darth beyers too It seems to drive everyting I send to it wonderfully. Coming from an iPhone 3g and ALO LOD. A DAC is secondary (by far) to sound quality. Battery life matters, but really only if you can't charge it while using it.

Is there any reason to buy another portable when I have the iqube? I will if you convince me better exist for SQ.

Convince away
wink.gif

PS. Oh, and Lisa III isn't feasible unless it plays AT LEAST 8 hours on a charge. And that is only if it takes an hour to three max to charge

Oct 31, 2008 at 4:02 AM Post #3 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by bce22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there any reason to buy another portable when I have the iqube? I will if you convince me better exist for SQ.

The iQube is definitely the king of neutrality, but sometimes I find myself wanting that coloration found on my Move or Xin amp. Depending on the mood or music. Certain amps enhances areas of the music which can make some songs more fun to listen.

Oct 31, 2008 at 4:10 AM Post #4 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by flargosa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The iQube is definitely the king of neutrality, but sometimes I find myself wanting that coloration found on my Move or Xin amp. Depending on the mood or music. Certain amps enhances areas of the music which can make some songs more fun to listen.

while the i-qube is def. one of the best amps in terms of neutrality out there now there are many other amps out at that level which are in the ballpark with a i-qube so I don't know how long or if it is still the best

Oct 31, 2008 at 12:38 PM Post #8 of 76
Thanks for the reply. No doubt best is subjective, but as a word it works on a thread to get people's views and experiences.

Oct 31, 2008 at 4:34 PM Post #10 of 76
for me, iqube is up there with SR71a, Xin SuperMicroIV, Ref and Diablo. But I find it to neutral and doesn't have the fun factor to attract me.

Oct 31, 2008 at 6:15 PM Post #11 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In my opinion there are at lest thre amps that sound better (relative term), for example:

- LaRocco PRII MkII (used only)
- Original SR71 (used only)
- MiniBox-E+ specially w/ AD797

WAS WONDERING WHY YOU PREFERED THE - Original SR71 (used only)
OVER THE NEW SR71 A

I WAS CONSIDERING THE PREDITOR OR THE SR71A .

I HAVE HEARD THE PROTOYPE OF THE PREDITOR WHEN RAY DID THE SOUTH FL MEET PRIOR TO THE CAN AM HAVE NEVER HEARD THE 71 OR 71 A

I KNOW YOU HAVE LOTS OF LISTENING AND COMPARING TIME ON MANY PORTABLES, AS I HAVE SEEN MANY OF YOUR POSTS. SO I CERTAINLY WOULD LIKE TO HEAR YOUR OPINIONS WITH REGARDS TO SQ

MUCH APPRECIATED

Oct 31, 2008 at 8:11 PM Post #13 of 76
[size=large]Why the shouting? Is it for the hearing or visual impaired?[/size]

Oct 31, 2008 at 8:47 PM Post #14 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=large]Why the shouting? Is it for the hearing or visual impaired?[/size]

THIS IS BIG ON MY 46"!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back