Does Amy Winehouse get on your nerves?
Aug 31, 2007 at 12:42 AM Post #46 of 69
I think the album is great, particularly the first five or so tracks. As for her style, personal life, etc., I really don't care. It's great to hear something new that follows a pop style that hasn't been popular for 50 years. Sound quality sucks, but that was probably a conscious decision to further recreate the doo wop sound. Who knows, maybe it wouldn't have sounded right if the quality were audiophile grade.

Aug 31, 2007 at 3:28 PM Post #49 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quixizous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the album is great, particularly the first five or so tracks. As for her style, personal life, etc., I really don't care. It's great to hear something new that follows a pop style that hasn't been popular for 50 years. Sound quality sucks, but that was probably a conscious decision to further recreate the doo wop sound. Who knows, maybe it wouldn't have sounded right if the quality were audiophile grade.

I do agree about a new style, but I think that sound quality is always a good thing to have.

Aug 31, 2007 at 3:52 PM Post #50 of 69
I just came across this thread and since I worked her stage @Palooza thought I'de chime in. She's total crap on stage, no performanship, her backing vocals should have been center stage w/ their energy and vibrato.

My girl likes her stuff so I gave it a chance and even taped it for her but what a waste of tape. She comes off much better on CD but I'm not that interested in all the covers, a faux diva. While "Rehab" is likable she definitely needs to try harder in the originality dept. I'de rather listen to Annie Lennox Doo Wop or even Natalie Cole, both who I have seen and have excellent stage presence. Plus, Annie & Natalie put alot of production value in their recordings, reference vocal stuff when auditioning Hi_Fi gear.

BTW, the cameras caught her bitching out her boyfriend backstage. He tried to calm her down but anyone there could easily tell she was like a deer in the headlights behind the mic. Clearly one of the worst show on the Bud Light Stage - EVER!

Aug 31, 2007 at 4:39 PM Post #51 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by JadeEast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What if I told you that you could get that sound without a scrawny brit but instead with a thick american? Would you believe me?

Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X7nV...elated&search=

Can you recommend some more scrawny brit-like voices as thick american is not to my liking
icon10.gif

Make the most of her records so far as she seems bent on self destruction so may not be around to make any more.

I do like her CDs but her personal appearances (when she bothers to turn up) are bad and I can understand anyone disliking her after seeing her perform live.

Aug 31, 2007 at 6:13 PM Post #52 of 69
she gets on my nerves
the only thing i've heard from her are her singles they play on the radio
they were played to much
can't stand those songs

Sep 4, 2007 at 8:57 AM Post #53 of 69
British indie punk band Art Brut performed at Seattle's Bumbershoot music festival this past weekend, and the lead singer at the end of one song said "Stay off the crack! Stay away from Amy Winehouse!"

I bursted-out laughing when I heard it over the radio at work.

Sep 4, 2007 at 9:14 AM Post #54 of 69
Love is a Losing Game , the song is one of my favorites and really enjoy most of her Back on Black CD, I really don't care what she does or doesn't do in her personal life, only because it doesn't affect me in my life,

I tend to be a member of team lovers, not team haters,

h8ers!
biggrin.gif

Sep 9, 2007 at 1:04 AM Post #57 of 69
Generally, it seems that folks have had their fill of her due to her pop smash "Rehab" and her shambolic personal life. However, I think Amy Winehouse is a unique voice in music. I count her as a unique vocalist whose press clippings are beginning to outweigh her talent. But I really enjoyed her first album, "Frank." It's a shame that someone with so much talent seems not to care about her own personal well-being, but such is life.

Sep 9, 2007 at 9:02 AM Post #58 of 69
Yes, moaning drug addled freak.

So much for saying "No, No, No" to going to Rehab... I think she should take a good look at herself!

Sep 9, 2007 at 9:14 AM Post #59 of 69
Not a huge fan of her music .....I have to say. But I would hate to pass any kind of judgement on her due to her personal life either really ....... I guess I'm just lucky that I don't bother with all the celebrity stuff in the media...

Sep 9, 2007 at 2:26 PM Post #60 of 69
I guess my answer to the question would be 'no.' Amy Winehouse does not get on my nerves. I have so many other important things to worry/stress over on a daily basis. And if I was going to be upset about anything, it would be our tabloid culture. If people weren't following this lady around 24/7 waiting for her to make mistakes, we'd be none the wiser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back