Does a player exist with HiFiMan quality without the built-in amp?
May 14, 2010 at 2:23 PM Post #91 of 92
Bottom line:

even if the hifiman is overpriced, and has a not so pocketable design....it blows away the clip+/fuze/ipods out the water sound-wise

i recently got a chance to listen to one from a friend, its sound quality is on another level compared to the sansa's and ipods (touch, 3GS, nano, classic)

IMO if you don't think so you might need your ears checked /stop expecting it to sound like a epic home rig / or just try it with some good fullsized headphones

while i'm a newb when it comes to this.... the sound difference is definitely quite evident

one thing i think though is that the hifiman will not sound extremely good with low impendance iems though(it'll just sound slightly better)

alot of ppl bashing the hifiman are actually the gullible fools for not actually listening to it and just having a predetermined notion of disliking just because they saw dfkt graph or to show that they have a better ear for sound quality than others.

/end rant

May 14, 2010 at 9:03 PM Post #92 of 92
you guys know - there is another thread for hifiman arguments. I'd rather have a source that's SQ is 110% percent of the clip that cost 10x as much over owning 10 clips. And this isn't even relevant in this matter - we're looking for something better than the clip+/standard ipod here. Go back to the sound science forum zzzzz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back