Does 6N6P-i or 6N6P work on LittleDot MKIV?
Mar 14, 2010 at 11:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Schoenberg

100+ Head-Fier
Does 6N6P-i or 6N6P work on Little Dot MKIV regular version as power tubes?
There are a lot of 6N6P tubes on ebay.
sellers are usually in Russia or Ukraine.
They are cheap, say, 8 tubes for $30.
I wonder if they will work on MKIV.
Which is better?
6N6P or 6N6Pi?

Mar 16, 2010 at 5:21 AM Post #3 of 7
I've done a bit of research on this and it looks like the mkiv can't use those tubes but the mkiii version 2 can use the 6n6 tubes and the 6h30 tubes which are the ones the mkiv use.

Also your question on which one is better can be answered here:

6N6P vs. 6N6P-I - diyAudio

Hope that helps.

-Cedric

Mar 16, 2010 at 6:30 AM Post #4 of 7
but mkiv uses 6h30. if mkii version 2 can use both 6n6 and 6h30, why can't mkiv do?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poetik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've done a bit of research on this and it looks like the mkiv can't use those tubes but the mkiii version 2 can use the 6n6 tubes and the 6h30 tubes which are the ones the mkiv use.

Also your question on which one is better can be answered here:

6N6P vs. 6N6P-I - diyAudio

Hope that helps.

-Cedric

Mar 16, 2010 at 8:36 AM Post #5 of 7
I think it has something to do with the voltage. Don't quote me on that but that's just what I was able to find via researching the topic. I remember reading in the, "mkiii tube rolling" thread that the OP mentioned upgrading the stock power tubes to the 6h30's and it ended up messing up a few mkiii version 1's. The mkiii version 2 supports the use of the 6h30 tubes without modifications.

If you do need a more elaborate answer you can always ask the guy who makes the little dot yourself on his forum. Just search up "little dot amp" on google and it should lead you there.

Mar 23, 2010 at 7:59 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Poetik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it has something to do with the voltage. Don't quote me on that but that's just what I was able to find via researching the topic. I remember reading in the, "mkiii tube rolling" thread that the OP mentioned upgrading the stock power tubes to the 6h30's and it ended up messing up a few mkiii version 1's. The mkiii version 2 supports the use of the 6h30 tubes without modifications.

If you do need a more elaborate answer you can always ask the guy who makes the little dot yourself on his forum. Just search up "little dot amp" on google and it should lead you there.

Yang said that 6N6P can be used on MKIV. but He also said that using 6N6P does not give a result as good as 6H30Pi.

Mar 23, 2010 at 7:59 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by UssrTradeCom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello Schoenberg, I see you're found 8 pcs of 6n6p for 30$. I have a cheaper price of 6n6p tubes.

I hope this valuable and positive info for all interested in this topic people.

too little is known from the link you gave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back