Dodgy Ebay Listing?
Mar 29, 2006 at 2:03 PM Post #31 of 41
Somebody, UK or not, contact the seller and ask to arrange a meeting to view the item and see if you get a reply or how willing the seller is, just to see how legit it is.

Mar 29, 2006 at 3:15 PM Post #33 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tachikoma
Either way, if that is a scam, it's one the worst scams I've ever seen. =P

At least they've got good taste in headphones
biggrin.gif

Mar 29, 2006 at 3:37 PM Post #34 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by creyc

honestly though, not everyone without feedback is automatically a scammer. I don't have any feedback from my transactions, though i've only used ebay once or twice. Gotta start someplace right?

this may be a little off-point, but i'd like to share it, fwiw:

one of the stupidest things i ever did with ebay was to cancel my seller's account. a few years ago i had around eighty sales with positive feedback, then quit selling. a balance languished in my seller's account for months and months. finally, i canceled my account to get the thirty or forty dollars balance i had returned. i knew i would lose my username after a few months. what i did not know was that my feedback history would be gone for all time (though i should say i never contacted ebay to see if anything could be done to reinstate it). so now, if i want to sell anything, i have zero positive feedback as a seller. needless to say, if i had it to do all over again, i would have kept my account open.

Mar 29, 2006 at 4:15 PM Post #35 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by meat01
So a stock photo, zero feedback and poor spelling automatically means it is a scam? I agree it is risky and I would not bid on it, but calling it a scam is pretty much calling the seller a liar and a thief when there is no proof that he or she will take your money and not deliver. I can't tell you how many people use stock photos to sell stuff. It is not a good idea, but it does not make them a scammer.

what else do you want the dude to do to show you its a scam?

maybe next time ill email him to write
THIS IS A SCAM
in big red letters

Mar 29, 2006 at 6:36 PM Post #36 of 41
Quote:

what else do you want the dude to do to show you its a scam?

Where is the proof that the seller will not deliver the goods? What other crimes can you tell me the the seller has committed just by looking at the ebay listing?

All I am saying is that he is innocent until proven guilty. I realize there is no proof that he does own the headphones, but there is no proof that he doesn't either.

Mar 29, 2006 at 7:29 PM Post #37 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by meat01
Where is the proof that the seller will not deliver the goods? What other crimes can you tell me the the seller has committed just by looking at the ebay listing?

All I am saying is that he is innocent until proven guilty. I realize there is no proof that he does own the headphones, but there is no proof that he doesn't either.

I used to have this mentality when shopping on ebay.... innocent untill prooven guilty. 4-5 years ago, when ebay was safer and declined www based email addresses (hotmail, juno...etc...) You COULD surf safely with this mentality.

3-4 scams later (me being the victem), I have become cold and callous. My ebay mentality has changed... Guilty untill prooven innocent.

I still think this is a scam...

Garrett

Mar 29, 2006 at 7:49 PM Post #38 of 41
Being able to give 'retaliatory' bad feedback must happen all the time. It you have a 100% record are you going to risk losing it by giving someone bad feedback?

Mar 29, 2006 at 8:38 PM Post #39 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chri5peed
Being able to give 'retaliatory' bad feedback must happen all the time. It you have a 100% record are you going to risk losing it by giving someone bad feedback?

Sometimes, but not always. I have one in my feedback. It's just something you have to live with when using ebay.

Most people are sensible enough to know that 99.6% possitive or thereabouts is still possitive.

Mar 30, 2006 at 7:05 PM Post #40 of 41
eBay listing on this one now states:

"The seller ended this listing early because of an error in the listing."

Stax headphones? Did I say Stax headphones? I meant to say Stax records...

Mar 30, 2006 at 7:52 PM Post #41 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl
Sometimes, but not always. I have one in my feedback. It's just something you have to live with when using ebay.

Most people are sensible enough to know that 99.6% possitive or thereabouts is still possitive.

100% is completely perfect though, not one bad feedback. When I come across people with huge feedback at 100% I am impressed.
I'm only on 57 but I have 100%, I'd protect that with my life.

Having 100% makes you automatically trustworthy if you haven't got a massive F/B from being a shop. Some people will refund with no questions asked to keep that perfect record.

Lots and lots of people have F/B in the 90% range, its hardly a big deal. A lot less have a 100% rating over 100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back