Do Yuin earbuds never go on sale or decrease in price?
Jul 23, 2023 at 4:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Question2

100+ Head-Fier
I was surprised that even after more than a decade, the price hasnt decreased at all (although many people are saying the new version of the pk2 sounds worse than the old one). Has anyone ever seen them go on sale? Ive been wanting to try the OK2 for ages but at that price point its out of reach. I thought it would eventually go on sale or decrease in point, but a decade later, its still going for over $100 USD.

Not many places seem to stock them either.

Did they ever fix the QC issues as well?

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2023 at 12:33 PM Post #2 of 7
It looks like the answer is a no, which is quite a surprise...i think most brands eventually replace the older models with newer ones but yuin hasnt shown any interest in doing that. I thought the OK series were going to replace the PK series eventually, but as we know, that never happened.

And it seems like most of the yuin fans have moved on to other brands/models these days.

Jul 23, 2023 at 9:44 PM Post #3 of 7
There's only 2 listings on Google shopping so I'd give up on discount sales. eBay alerts will be the best chance so it emails if a used pair comes up. AliExpress coins and using a capital one card when they offer the 4 percent off AliExpress when you click to them from being logged into the CO web site.
Checking for AE store coupons can whittle a little more sometimes too.

Jul 24, 2023 at 9:39 AM Post #4 of 7
Yuin is a side business for its owner, so he doesn't really need the money or have much desire for major change. He is a very elusive man, but reachable for warranty claim if you are in China. For the rest of the world, your best chance is the seller.

Also, the new PKE is terrible, do avoid it at all costs (or more precisely, to save a lot of cost)

Jul 24, 2023 at 11:12 AM Post #5 of 7
Yuin is a side business for its owner, so he doesn't really need the money or have much desire for major change. He is a very elusive man, but reachable for warranty claim if you are in China. For the rest of the world, your best chance is the seller.

Also, the new PKE is terrible, do avoid it at all costs (or more precisely, to save a lot of cost)
Interesting, where did you see that Yuin is just a side business?

And what do you mean by "new PKE"?

Jul 24, 2023 at 9:17 PM Post #6 of 7
Interesting, where did you see that Yuin is just a side business?

It is kinda an open secret among many Chinese audiophiles who are interested in earbuds for many years now. It is a relatively tight community so almost every major player in the field knows everyone else in real life, not just a brand or some online storefront.

And what do you mean by "new PKE"?

This:

S19a54b80d9704f2fa0d7c360efa4e930J.jpg

The housing isn't metal but cheap chrome-plated plastic, and has a sound that can be described as 'overly muddy'. I reckon its SQ is not worth 2/3 of PK1, yet it is priced at over twice as expensive at around US$300.

Jul 24, 2023 at 11:54 PM Post #7 of 7
That sounds crazy, but if Yuin is just a side business then i guess its no surprise that they havent lowered prices of their old models even after 10+ years or am overpricing things....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back