Do your earbuds fall out?
Oct 14, 2006 at 9:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

DennyL

100+ Head-Fier
When I go cycling I have always used my Senn mx400s, I think they sound very good, but the problem with them for me is that they tend to fall out. When I push them in I get good sound and strong base. As they dislodge the sound diminishes and the base diminishes even more until they sound like a crystal set. Talking about their sound quality is meaningless as it depends so much on their current state of lodged-in-ness. I don't know to what extend this is due to me and the shape of my ears, or whether there are other earbuds that would give a better sound/ear retension performance. Anyway, I just got a pair of Senn pmx100s and the problem has gone away. These are strap-behind-the-neck style phones, and they stay where I put them,and I can wear them with a cycle helmet, and the sound for the price is very good. Also I like the way the cable can go down the side of my neck and disappears inside my shirt so I have less cables about me to snag in things.

Oct 15, 2006 at 1:06 AM Post #3 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by feh1325
try using the foamies?

... I don't know if you read his post or just the title. You should (re)read the OP's post. He's using Senn MX400's, which are regular earbuds, not IEM's with changeable tips. To the OP: I don't know what's causing your problem, but I think you'd get the same problem with other 'buds then.

Oct 15, 2006 at 1:13 AM Post #4 of 22
Foamies, the foam covers that earbuds have over them. some earphoens benefit from them, like the A8, others like the ibuds are better without. I think that he was asking the OP if he uses the foam covers or not. I used to use my mx500 without them because they were quite frankly too big to be used with them. Im not sure of the MX400 is the same size.

Oct 15, 2006 at 2:29 AM Post #5 of 22
You could always use the foamy pads. They're good for the usual uses but probably won't be very helpful if your workout routine involves a lot of bouncing movements. There's a more expensive solution, the slicsound.
Cmoy had a review on this thing a few years ago.

Oct 15, 2006 at 3:56 AM Post #8 of 22
http://www.podfitkit.com

that should sort your problem out. Just use enough to make it that your wedging the cup against the inner folds of your ear, creating a virtual custom mold, and ten minutes later they should never fall out again. The company I work for uses the simular product intended for use in ear defence and take it from me it works a treat in both situations either creating custom ear plugs or making earphones more secure.

Oct 15, 2006 at 4:45 AM Post #9 of 22
I really don't see why any one here would use earbuds much.

There are only 5 or 6 earbuds that actually sound decent enough IMO.

I only use my earbuds for style/school.
(you'd know what I meant by style if you ever saw the awesome looking earbuds I have)

Oct 15, 2006 at 4:45 AM Post #10 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsjong
I really don't see why any one here would use earbuds much.

There are only 5 or 6 earbuds that actually sound decent enough IMO.

I only use my earbuds for style/school.
(you'd know what I meant by style if you ever saw the awesome looking earbuds I have)

I wasn't aware there were any decent sounding earbuds

Oct 15, 2006 at 7:58 AM Post #11 of 22
I thought there were only 2 good sounding earbuds, namely the e888 and cm7

Oct 15, 2006 at 11:57 AM Post #14 of 22
Some peoples ears are just not the right shape for earbuds, i.e. they're not deep enough.

Its ironic to me that anyone would take the time to make their own custom-moulds for iB0ids. Thats like taping a turd to each side of your head.

Oct 15, 2006 at 1:26 PM Post #15 of 22
Bang&Olufsen's A8 is pretty good too, but it's not exactly an earbud in the traditional sense, more like a crossover between earbud and streetstyle. And from my brief experience with the new PK1 from YUIN, it's probably better than any other earbuds that I've listened to.....
Quote:

Originally Posted by blazer78
I thought there were only 2 good sounding earbuds, namely the e888 and cm7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back