Do your ear canals expand from using IEMs?
Nov 8, 2005 at 10:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

vurtomatic

100+ Head-Fier
Just wondering if any of you have experienced something like that? I remember wearing my UM2s with the short Comply tips the first time and they fit snugly after expanding from rolling them between my fingers.

But since then, I've been using bi-flanges which do exert some pressure on the insides of my ear canals. While not painful, the pressure is noticable.

I decided to try changing back to the Compy tips and they went straight in easily. They're also removed easily. The isolation is still there though, except it's noticably looser than the first time I used them.

I'm wondering if my ear canals have expanded to conform to the bi-flanges, or if the Comply tips have somehow shrunk.

Any similar experiences??
basshead.gif

Nov 8, 2005 at 11:52 AM Post #3 of 10
Silicons or Bi/Triflanges do soften and get more comfortable with use - I'm up to 6 months on my first set of Ety Triflanges and they are now very comfortable.
No idea how much your ear canals would lose elasticity...not a great deal I would hope
eek.gif

Nov 8, 2005 at 12:09 PM Post #6 of 10
I definetly think mine might have. After using my E2 for around half a year they along with my e4c now take seconds to insert and get a full seal. Also I don't feel them anymore, when before it was always obvious there was something inserted.

This is using the ultra soft tips which are a bit "fatter" than the foamies.

Nov 8, 2005 at 12:58 PM Post #7 of 10
my iems dont really expand my ear canals.. not really noticeable.. stil using a modded biflange.. and i still find the smallest normal sleeve a little too big..

but at least i know.. my iems's been shrinking..my..

bank account..

very_evil_smiley.gif
etysmile.gif

Nov 8, 2005 at 1:12 PM Post #8 of 10
Yes, I could use the sall foam two years ago but now only the large with seal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back