Do you workout with Full sized cans?
Dec 20, 2007 at 3:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Libertad

1000+ Head-Fier
I have to admit that i use my JVC's alot now because of the long cord and well i thought it was odd but i liked used them. So whats your take do you use full sized cans when working out?

Dec 20, 2007 at 5:03 AM Post #3 of 13
I have hit the gym with my HD555s up top for riding the stationary bike, but the nice people who ran the joint told me not to bring them again. lol.

Next time I'm going for them, plus a power conditioner and a monster tube amp, that'll show 'em lol

I've thought of wearing Yuin PK2s under my helmet for Hockey/Lacrosse practice, but I think I would ruin whatever source I use, unless it's encased in titanium.. (we're talking ice hockey or Lacrosse here)

Nick

Dec 20, 2007 at 5:06 AM Post #4 of 13
No, i use IEM. There are some people at my gym that uses full sized headphones, although most uses earbud (ipod stock earbud mostly). I think there's me and another guy that uses IEMs only ...

Dec 20, 2007 at 9:41 AM Post #7 of 13
really....? did you really ask that question? lol

does "work out" mean chilling on a lounge chair near a pool?

I have junk phones and a shuffle for running....but even at that most of the time I prefer to not have anything dangling or obstructing any part of my body from much needed airflow.

Dec 20, 2007 at 2:53 PM Post #8 of 13
It's all about the flash player and JVC Marshmallows for the gym. I couldn't imagine wearing full sized cans, plus I'd kill the pads with sweat and probably wouldn't be able to keep them on my head.

Dec 20, 2007 at 4:10 PM Post #10 of 13
I do it quite often. Although I tend to use lighter, airier full size cans like the HD201 when I do use them in that kind of situation.

Dec 20, 2007 at 4:35 PM Post #11 of 13
I have a set of Beyer 770's and would lose my mind if the soft plush covering on the pads got wet from sweat. :)

Dec 20, 2007 at 4:54 PM Post #12 of 13
Definitely not. The earpads will smell terrible and the headphones will have trouble staying on with all the movements. Stick to IEMs or earbuds.

Dec 20, 2007 at 5:03 PM Post #13 of 13
I use the RX300 all the time now but i use clorox wipes after word. I guess that plasic thing keeps the sweat from getting into the foam and there light. I'm just trying not to use IEM's for workout (obviouse risk).

I do bring my cans with me to class and i use them in class all the time and i love the attension. All my friends who ask to borrow my headphones love me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back