Do you wash your socks inside-out or outside-out?
May 19, 2010 at 5:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

Headphoneus Supremus
I was thinking today, that this is possibly one of the most important philosophical questions of the twentieth century.  If we wash them inside out, there's probably a better chance of getting out all the germs, sweat, oil, bacteria and other Fun Foot Stuff (tm).  However, washing them in the same configuration you wear them (i.e. outside out) of course would clean off all the garbage you've picked up on the undersides when walking around.

So what do YOU do?

May 19, 2010 at 8:33 PM Post #2 of 29
Outside out of course
wink_face.gif

May 19, 2010 at 8:48 PM Post #4 of 29
My mommy always gets pissed at me when I leave my socks inside out.

Though I suspect that she is wrong in her assumption that such methods are inferior!

May 20, 2010 at 3:35 PM Post #7 of 29
Some turn inside out when I pull them off, so those get washed that way, but they usually come off normally so it's about .25 inside out, the rest outside out.

May 20, 2010 at 3:38 PM Post #8 of 29
Deep.

I don't do the washing, no input at all.

Tom.

May 20, 2010 at 6:33 PM Post #10 of 29
Inside out. It's how my father does the laundry, and they're like that anyway once I take them off. And I don't reverse them until I'm ready to wear them again, so I always have a bunch of inside-out socks in my dresser.
tongue.gif

May 20, 2010 at 11:24 PM Post #12 of 29
I throw them out and buy new socks every day.

But seriously, I just wash them how they come off. If I yank them from the toe, they'll usually stay outside out, but if I roll them down by the neck, then they'll usually go a little inside out and I'll wash them with no prejudice to those socks who prefer to be inside out... It's they're life and they can live it how they want, it's just my job to clean them.

May 21, 2010 at 1:42 AM Post #13 of 29
For those of you who just toss them all in as they came off your feet, does that ever cause issues?  Like, if it's halfway- turned out it doesn't get cleaned as well, something like that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back