Do you wash your Grado pads?
Feb 15, 2006 at 7:22 AM Post #5 of 30
the more grease the pads absorb, the better they sound because the pad density increases.

i usually keep from showering but once a week. at the end of every week i give the pads a good go at the sides of my nose. but if you actually want the best sound, you have to soak your pads in crisco.

tongue.gif

Feb 15, 2006 at 9:13 AM Post #7 of 30
I'm the same with Cheechoz. I had a pair of washed pads, but I didn't like how they felt, they were too smooth. I wanted to see how a well used pair of pads felt in comparison. Plus they were my stock HF-1 pair.

Feb 16, 2006 at 1:31 AM Post #8 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils
the more grease the pads absorb, the better they sound because the pad density increases.

i usually keep from showering but once a week. at the end of every week i give the pads a good go at the sides of my nose. but if you actually want the best sound, you have to soak your pads in crisco.

tongue.gif

For that liquid midrange.

Feb 16, 2006 at 2:54 AM Post #10 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils

tongue.gif

Hmmm Crico? I heard you should rub 'em with a raw hamhock. Keep 'em out of the dogs reach.

Feb 16, 2006 at 2:58 AM Post #11 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheechoz
With my latest pair of Grados, I decided to let the bowls soften up naturally, and low and behold, they are now even softer than if I was to wash them!
eek.gif

That's a lot of crisco right there.

Feb 17, 2006 at 12:58 PM Post #13 of 30
Repeated washing can stretch the pads a bit and make them a little thinner so that your ears are closer to the drivers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back