do you want a powerfull bass response for your ipod?
Feb 16, 2004 at 11:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

bidermaier

New Head-Fier
I was quite a bit dissaponited with the ipod bass response and when i used the EQ(bass bosster) the sound got distorsion.

I dont know anything about digital audio but i felt the sound somehow weak and that that might be the reason that made the verylow frequencies get lost.

Sooo

i tried EUPod. this tool level up the volume of the files in the itunes database. (not the mp3/aac itself but the info attached).

Well. i really think it woooorked!!!!!
You have to see how much boost you need.
With the default setting 40% (made for europe ipods to reach a usaipod volume) i found the missing bass but i think that the sound got unbalanced. So i tried lower settings
I found 10% perfect for using ipod with the stocks headphones. The bass still there and the sound was balanced (i think) But i realized that my white and cheap buds started to buzz.

After purchasing my almost perfect PX200 i put the songs to 7%.
-----

One important thing, my ipod is european, i dont know how this would work on a american one.

sorry for my english.
SOY ESPAÑOL
tongue.gif

if you dont like your ipod bass, try it. I would like to know other users experiences using this method. Specially if you can use reference headphones.

Feb 16, 2004 at 11:58 PM Post #2 of 4
i just downloaded eUpod a couple hours ago. i have a US version of the 3G. I went with 50% first and found the sound off big time. i then went back to 0% and tried 40%. 40% is better than 50%, but i think i'll try 30%. i'm wondering if there is a benefit using eUpod on battery life.

any thoughts anyone?

Feb 17, 2004 at 2:02 AM Post #3 of 4
hmm, curious.. i wonder how it would fare with a 3g, N.A. ipod with ex71s...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back