Do you trust paypal?
Jul 21, 2006 at 9:34 PM Post #2 of 27
pretty much, paypal can't screw you over if you're the buyer (however that doesn't mean the seller won't, also, don't expect the buyer protection to work)

Jul 21, 2006 at 9:40 PM Post #3 of 27
So close the paypal account? I really wanted to get a set of audio technicas a900ltd's but theyr nowhere in sight on ebay. Thats the only reason I oppened the paypal account. If it's not safe the maybe I should close it. Might just pick up a normal pair of a900 from amazon, is the ltds worth it?

Jul 21, 2006 at 9:41 PM Post #4 of 27
do you have any banks or credit cards allocated to the account? just take them off, you don't need to close the entire account since you might need it later

Jul 21, 2006 at 10:04 PM Post #7 of 27
Been using it for 7 years now, knock on wood, no problems
smily_headphones1.gif
(both to accept payments, and to send payments)

Jul 21, 2006 at 10:04 PM Post #8 of 27
I used to trust Paypal until my account was compromised. I do not use it anymore.

Jul 21, 2006 at 10:05 PM Post #9 of 27
If your scared, or for reasons such as parents don't want to setup a paypal account, you can always send money orders. For me, it usually works out saving money as my mom gets free money orders from the bank (she has some special account type or something.)

Jul 21, 2006 at 10:07 PM Post #10 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by mb3k
What's so bad about Paypal? I've been using it for years without a hitch.

Same here! Over and over again...for at least six years now. Never a problem.

smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 21, 2006 at 10:12 PM Post #12 of 27
Never ever respond to an email that looks that it is from either paypal or ebay. This is something you should never do. If you happen to do this, immediately go to ebay and paypal and change your passwords.

If you get what appears to be an email from either go to either place using their regular access url and from there go to your profile and check for messages. Never let your browser save your ebay/paypal username and passwords on your computer.

These are normal good practices. This does not mean that some hacker will not compromise my account anyway but hopefully it may help keep down attacks.

Your desktop can be compromised and from there any information can be collected by hackers with even these practices this against this it will not help.

The most secure computer is one that is not hooked up to the internet.

Jul 21, 2006 at 10:14 PM Post #13 of 27
This can be considered as two questions. The A900LTD may be worth the additional price it may cost but it would not be worth compromising your bank account or credit over it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellover009
So close the paypal account? I really wanted to get a set of audio technicas a900ltd's but theyr nowhere in sight on ebay. Thats the only reason I oppened the paypal account. If it's not safe the maybe I should close it. Might just pick up a normal pair of a900 from amazon, is the ltds worth it?

Jul 21, 2006 at 11:32 PM Post #15 of 27
For Ebay transactions it's the form of payment I prefer to use over sending a money order or wire transfer because it's more convenient and cheaper. Haven't had a problem with them so far, just don't keep cash stored on your Paypal account as I've heard people loose their money should the account be closed by Paypal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back