Do you 'tilt' your Audeze LCD-2s or are you on the perpendicular?
Jul 23, 2011 at 12:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

theophile

Head-Fier
On a whim today,I tried tilting the headband of the LCD-2 forward so that rather than sitting atop my head,the headband is on the front of my hairline.This alignment results in the 'fat' side of the wedged-shaped earcushion being located beneath the ear,and the 'thin' part of the wedge-shaped earcushion to be located above the ear.

I like the 'presentation' when the cans are angled/tilted this way.Has anybody else tried something like this?

Jul 23, 2011 at 4:53 PM Post #2 of 13
Either you have an upside down head or the cushions have been fitted wrong. Tilting the headband forward would result in the fat part of the wedge being above your ears under normal circumstances 
blink.gif

Jul 24, 2011 at 1:43 AM Post #3 of 13
Do you have a link which would prove your assertion?

Jul 24, 2011 at 5:29 AM Post #4 of 13
Alvin.You made me go back and listen to the LCDs the other way around.I like them both ways for different resons.

Fat end forward sounds more diffuse and nice for that.

Thin end forward is more in your face.More direct.Nice for that.

Jul 24, 2011 at 5:43 AM Post #5 of 13

Quote:
On a whim today,I tried tilting the headband of the LCD-2 forward so that rather than sitting atop my head,the headband is on the front of my hairline.This alignment results in the 'fat' side of the wedged-shaped earcushion being located beneath the ear,and the 'thin' part of the wedge-shaped earcushion to be located above the ear.

I like the 'presentation' when the cans are angled/tilted this way.Has anybody else tried something like this?

I think you're wearing your LCD2 reversed, like Quincy Jones.  the way you describe wearing it shoudl result in the fat pat of the pads ABOVE your ear and not below it.

And no, I've never done this, because it's hella uncomfy and unstable. I don't know how you do it,  I just tried it and the sonic results were lousy -- sounded veiled and muffled in comparison to normal wearing, and the comfort was crap and it felt like the LCD2s would fall off my head at any given time.

Jul 24, 2011 at 5:44 AM Post #6 of 13

Quote:
Do you have a link which would prove your assertion?

It doesn't neeed a link. Anyone who owns an LCD2 would know this as a fact. Anyone who's seen one and handled one, would know it with a little thought.

Jul 24, 2011 at 7:05 AM Post #8 of 13
I don't know you you do it, the As on the metal grille should be upright, the fattest part of the cushions should be just behind your ears in that position.

Jul 24, 2011 at 9:09 AM Post #9 of 13

Quote:
Funnily enough I tried the LCD-2s wrong way round last night and they didn't sound so good.

Yup, sound became veiled and recessed. I like that sometimes but on the LCD2 I prefer it worn the right way.

Aug 7, 2011 at 1:05 PM Post #12 of 13
Has anyone tried it with the left cup covering their nose and the right cup at the back of the head? 

I perceived an increase in micro detail retreival and the kind of bass you can only feel, although the downside was a skewed soundstage. YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back