Do you think, 20 years from now...
Jan 12, 2008 at 5:13 AM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitesymphony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good point. This is the thinking that has created such compressed contemporary albums. Not only is it a loudness war, it's about getting what you heard on the radio. I've actually heard reports of consumers complaining that albums they purchased didn't sound as loud or exciting as they had on the radio.

I'm an economics major (and economists <3 consumers) but that line makes me really want to slap them all.
frown.gif

Jan 12, 2008 at 6:55 PM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by SR-71Panorama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In 20 years I'll be viewing low quality MP3s the way we look at Polio now.

qft

Jan 12, 2008 at 7:50 PM Post #21 of 21
Hopefully in the future, memory will be so cheap and processing power so plentiful that low bit rate CD sound will seem quaint and retro, having long since been replaced by a more natural sounding delivery medium. But it really won't matter unless the artists and recording industry and the majority of consumers become more interested in good sounding music since that high quality delivery and playback part is already widely available to the consumer. If the recording is no better than a low bit rate mp3, what difference does it really make? I think it will probably take the next 20 years to get back to where we were even 20 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back