Do you still remember your first steps into this world of high-end sound? That feeling of owning your first "audiophile" grade headphones?
Feb 15, 2013 at 7:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

ToInfinity

Head-Fier
Exactly a week ago, I received my first taste of exciting and enjoyable music in the ATH M50's. 3 days before I ordered the M50's, I had not even heard of the term "audiophile". I didn't know headphone amps or DAC's or anything like that even existed. This whole world of sound was unknown to me. To be honest, I don't know what made me so interested in upgrading my headphones to the M50's in the first place...I just did. My wallet hates me for it, but I know I understand the situation. 
wink_face.gif

After doing research about the M50's, I kept reading about amps and DAC's and starting looking into that...not soon after that I started reading about the M50's being good "entry" level phones...so I though to myself, "Entry level? What's better than these?"

And on I went, head-first, tumbling down the rabbit hole...my wallet always being a few stumbles ahead of me..and here I am! Less than 2 weeks later, most of my days spent on Head-Fi and other sound related sites, oh....and $1000 later. 

What did your baby steps into this world of sound look like? Do you remember some things that went through your mind as you started to dig deeper and deeper? What about when you bought your first pair of good headphones? How do you and your wallet get along now?

Cheers to good sound!!

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back